One day at a time S2 (1-2)

" so even tanjiro can sink into despair and feel hopeless, too.."

Zenitsu was walking down the hallway and looked forward in a daze which could only be described as one in deep thought, and dissociation. As to process what's been happening around him.

" (y/n) always has this smile on her face... like it's stuck there.. yet her sound and her eyes- look like they are screaming.. is she? Angry? Sad... I'm not sure anymore.."

Zenitsu just continued forward with a plate of bean buns stuck in his thoughts.

" I mean... who would blame them. Even someone who sounded as well-trained as Rengoku ended up dead. That would make anyone fall apart."

The sounds of his shuffling feet was heard. Slow and on pace, like a robot going to his target area.

" look at inosuke.. even he was bawling. I guess he's frustrated. Even the strongest person can suffer and feel sorrow, huh?"

Zenitsu's eyes lowered showing how tired he was.

" even still, since there's no point in cowering forever, they beat their wounded souls again and again and get back on their feet. I'm sure Rengoku was that kind of person, too.. that's the sound he gave. Not that it was odd. It sounded very strong and kind."

Zenitsu smiled and then sighed.

" well. We're here."

He made a big smile and came up to the doorframe.

" (y/n), tanjiro! I snagged us some bean paste buns, so let's eat!"

Zenitsu stood there with his eyes closed but that soon turned to him laying on the ground

" AH! Oh no! They are gone missing!"

Zenitsu was head butted because of the shock and zenitsu laid there in a rather disarranged state.

" oh! Zenitsu-san- I'm so sorry!"

"Oh- n-no it's totally— fine- what's wrong???"

He said rather confused and dizzy trying to catch himself back-

" you're not fine! Your focus is totally off— I'm really sorry! Tanjiros and (y/n) nowhere to be found, so...

tanjiros and (y/n) wounds haven't healed yet! They both been sneaking out and training! So lady shinobu been on edge trying to keep them in- but if she finds out about this!"

Zenitsu gasped and looked to her holding the rag on his nose to help her

" that stomach wound was pretty deep wasn't it! On tanjiro, (y/n) was bad too! Her back—"

He sighed in scared anger

" how dumb can they be!"

Zenitsu looked to kiyo wondering what they should do.

" ah! This heat—"

I said holding my left lung panting following tanjiro, all dressed and cleaned up. If it wasn't for the huge bags underneath my eyes and such I'd say I look rather cleaned up.. just a depressed beautiful trash bag at this point..

Tanjiro ran ahead to follow the crow and I chased after him.

" keep— keep an eye on him (y/n) with that crow is rengokus will!"

I hummed and nodded looking to tanjiro to see him try his damndest to keep up. Though signs of his wound effecting him is pretty clear. I sighed and nodded

" I understand.."

When we eventually made it somewhere I could have sworn I saw a younger Rengoku, but the sound of tanjiro making a Pained sound I looked down and saw him hunched over