S2. 3. The Life Of A Tax Collector

Ah yes, the life of me. I'd say I got the best out of the three, or I sure do hope. Cause this cannot be the way it should have turned out. I'm pampered- taken care of- and all my wants and needs already here. Though having a old- as fart husband could be a down side. He's just so blind a pillow in a wig he'll start to think is us, I made many friends here with the wives. Lorra was one of them. She was the one the old man asked for, so we used the pillow trick.

" oh lorra how are you feeling today?"

She smiled and said softly

" I'm fine lord Kota. How are you today?"

The old man smiled and laid down on the "lap" of the pillow making us wives giggle.

" my you are rather soft— you have put on weight since last time-"

Lorra gasped and pouted, I covered my mouth to keep from laughing and the other wives too. Hime covered her mouth with a fan making a glare from Lorra

" o-oh have I now?"

" oh! Don't be offended my dear, it just means you are eating right now. Since the day you came you were very undernutritioned. I'm just happy- to see you healthy again.."

He said and dozed off.
This cause us to smile and I snuck in and placed a blanket on him. The other wives came in and Sakura smiled

" he's such a good man! Too bad he's old.."

She pouted and gently fixed things around the room. She was friends with nina, who was the one gently gathering the papers, to place in order.
Lorra smiled and then looked down

" at first it was odd I'll admit, I never seen a tax collector this kind- in stories or personal experiences."

I hummed and nodded

" yeah.."

I walked around and then stopped when some of the business men to collect the money were chatting outside, I saw akari, she's the oldest of us all. And seen some shit. She had scars, eye patch, plus the worse drinking and smoking habit-

" (y/n) I can hear you snooping from a mile away.."

I swear she has the potential to be a demon slayer, or a hashira- her life is shush shush. But those tattoos say it all.

" what are you doing? Snooping again. Is the lord asleep..."

She tapped her kiseru off and then hummed looking to me to answer.

" oh— uh.. yes I was- and he is.. what happened do you know?"

She shook her head and moved a little so I can listen in too.

" they mentioned some more of the girls committed suicide and committing ashinuke... in that damn house of kyogoku."

She narrowed her eyes and tried to ease drop. I stopped and hummed. That's the one zenitsu is in.

" oh..."

I then gently moved out

" h-hey! You idiot!"

She whispered/yelled at me.

The boys turned to me and I waved

" going out again tonight?"

" yeah what about it.."

so tense..

" I know one of us wives go to make sure you do it right. So I offer my own assistance.. to the house of kyogoku. And so forth."

They laughed and said

" aren't you the new wife? Did your senile husband say it was ok??"

One of them teased and I narrowed my eyes