Chapter 16- Trust

"Well, she has been training for a good old month and a half... So I think this may be our right choice. "

I hear Cap's muffled voice from downstairs. Leaning against the wall that leads to the dining room, I listen to what they have to say about me.

Eavesdropping is still sorta my thing...

"Yes, okay, fine, I agree with you on that; she has been doing good so far... But, I just don't want this to be the wrong choice Cap... " Tony reasoned.

"In the meantime... While you're still learning to trust her... What are we gonna do with her? " Nat said, " I mean.. One day we have to get her into a mission so, why not do ot now and hope for the best? "

"I-I really can't comprehend all your worries. The Lady is quite decent if I must say. " Thor's voice sounded.

"Yeah... Cause she's a snake." Clint stated the obvious.

"Ahaha... You know I don't work like that Barton. "

"I just think she's intimidating... That's all." He mumbled. Clint and I only met yesterday and I'm intimidating? ... Charming.

"I say... We try to take her on a mission with us, and from there, we figure out the rest later. " Cap said again, this time more reassuringly.

The voices all agreed accept one; Stark.

I swear the man still thinks I'm rotten to the core. Well to be honest... I am, I'm just trying not to show it too much.

Tony let out a sigh of stress.

And that there. That was my cue.

I made sure my footstep were heard by the team, but mostly Stark, maybe he'll shut the hell up.

When I entered the room all five pair of eyes shot to me.

"Morning...? " I said after three seconds of tensional silence.

They all greeted me back.

Walking up to the coffee machine Tony pointed out the elephant in the room after a long silence.

"How much did you hear? " He stood up and leaned across the counter across me with one of his hands under his chin. Sark's not an idiot. He's the one that got a hang of me and my habits first.

"Enough to know you don't trust me yet, " I said flatly, not even meeting his eyes, "and that I can be intimidating. " I added with a mumble, making sure no one really heard it.

The machine dinged, I raised my sight to his. He was searching my eyes.

Without taking my stare off his, I take out the steaming coffee mug from the machine as I turn my whole body towards him.

"And I don't think you will for a long time. Cause I'm not changing me for you." I said, lifting the mug to my lips, not giving two shits if it's hot or not.

"I never told you to change. "

"You didn't have to. "

Tony rose from the leaning position and walked around the counter towards me.

My jaw clenched when he rested his elbow on the counter.

"It's not that I want you to change, " He started, "It's that I want to trust you. "

I furrowed my brows for him to go on. But he turned his head to the team and said, " Would you leave us for a sec? "

They all hesitated, especially Cap, but pulled the door behind them anyway.

Once my attention was all on him he resumed his speech.

"When I used to know everything about someone... Anyone that joins the team, it would usually be easy for me to trust them, " Tony stopped for a second and gestured to me to see if I was following, slightly nodding, he continued, "But you... I know absolutely nothing about you... Seriously. The only thing I know is your abilities, your address, your name and your mum. That's it. That's all I know. "

I shrugged, "What else is there to know?" He stared at me, as if making out an answer, "Listen, just like Cap told you; set me up on a small mission and just like that, boom, you'll see if you can trust me or no. "

He nodded, clearly separating pros and cons. His eyes met mine again, "Okay."

"Okay? "

"Yeah... Okay, we can try that. "

Omg

Omg..
So far this story has reached 1k reads!!
I'm so happy!!
I can't thank you enough💜🥰