A Final Breath

I want to say in this is a duet! So the Bold is Fang, normal is you! And underline is both!

Ya'll better be prepared for this! I was and still cried writing it! This is a long chapter, probably the longest I'll ever write, so hopefully it's never takes this long again 😅. And perspective will be changed a bit in this chapter, just letting y'all know so you don't get confused :)

And there is a part in the singing where there is a normal conversation so I hope it doesn't bring confusion too much! To make the scene better I'd recommend reading the lyrics and the talking first before going back, cause I kinda wrote it to fit the middle part of the song with it's pauses.

WARNING!! Mention of blood and death ahead!!

_____________________________________________

     The shining light of the canon firing was almost blinding. But as quick as the light blinded them, a shadow casted in front of (Y/n). The younger wolf froze at the unmistaken voice. She opened her eyes and looked up to see Master Fang, her wings spread out as if wrapping both of them in a scaley cocoon. With Po out of the line of fire, it was now only them two, Fang between (Y/n) and the cannonball. As quick as the shot was fired, Fang yelped at the overwhelming pain in her back, protecting the Jade Warrior.

~~~
     An explosion ripped through the boats, blasting everyone in its path away from the main ship. The barricade that once blocked the harbor gate now completely destroyed. Everyone, including all the warriors at the front of the ship, were sent flying into the harbor. Halfway through the fast blast to the barricade, the cocoon around (Y/n) had disappeared. (Y/n) hit the boats first, a sharp pain going through her before she was sent into the harbor's water, Fang landing away from her somewhere else in the water.
     The dark waters engulfed them both, but with Fang taking the most damage, (Y/n) was still awake. As soon as she hit the water, the air was knocked out of her. She opened her eyes, holding her breath as she hastily swam to the surface. It was hard to see, everything was hurting, something wasn't right with her. From down under she could hear someone close calling out her name. Slapping her hands above the water, she gasped and burst through the water, reaching out for anything nearby.
     Lucky for her, not a few seconds later someone had grabbed her paw and pulled her close. Coughing out, she gripped onto whoever was holding her, afraid that if she were to let go that she would go under again. Looking up at the being, her eyes met with Po's, his arm holding her into his chest.
     His once fear stricken eyes now full of relief, hugging her close almost shaking, "(Y/n).." Much like her he too was out of breath, trying to stay calm as he nuzzled into her slightly.
     She teared up softly, nuzzling into him as she looked around for the others. Tigress held onto a piece of driftwood, along with Shifu on his own piece. The others were slowly making their way to the docks, but there was no sign of Fang nor Croc. Closing her eyes for the moment, an overwhelming dizziness fell upon her, a soft groan leaving her as she leaned her weight more into Po.
     The panda frowned, pulling away instinctively as he looked down at her worried, "(Y/n)?.." He reached his other paw out of the water, lifting her head for her to look at him, "(Y/n) are you ok?" He furrowed his brows, glancing down at the water before realizing how much darker it was.
     The she-wolf hummed, opening her eyes to looked at him, "Hm?" Though they were so close to each other, it looked like she was looked through a frosted window. He was blurry, the outer rim of her vision darker, was it the water or was she blacking out, she didn't know. Squinting her eyes, she shook her head drowsily, as she looked up a bit dazed, "Wha- I-I'm ok. I just feel a bit tired. "
     Fear started to arise in Po, reaching down gently feeling along her front before moving to her back. As his paw reached the middle of her back, he froze. Under his paw was a large wound, something had injured her from the barricade. Shaking slightly, he looked around quickly, whispering to her as his mind began to run, "H-Hey, you're gonna be alright, ok?" As he spoke, he pressed his paw against the wound, swimming slowly toward the dock, using the hand on her wound to pull her closer, "(Y/n), I need you to stay awake for me ok?"
     Since he was facing the docs, he spotted Master Croc laying a limp Fang against a few boxes, limp from what he could see. Glancing back to (Y/n), he forced himself to remain calm, using his free paw waving in the air, "Master Croc! I need you over here! Please hurry!"
     Master Croc snapped in his direction, his eyes wide spotting the worry on Po's face. Glancing to (Y/n), he ran off the dock and lunged into the water, swimming effortlessly to him concerned, "You want me to take her?" He reached forward, surprised when Po grabbed his claw to placed on the she-wolf's back.
     Po nodded softly, looking down at (Y/n) who was struggling to keep her head up. She was awake, and that was good, but for how long no one knew, "Yes.. Please hurry, she's hurt bad.." Looking away from the two, he watched at the last of Shen's ships sailed through the gates, lining up on both sides of the main ship.
     Shen stood tall on the largest ship, looking on at the destruction with a grin. His eyes had been locked on the two since he'd gotten his ship out to the harbor. Their pain, their suffering, and now they will have to watch as he takes over China. His red eyes met with Po's, a gloating smile stretching his beak, only one thought going through his head, 'No one will stand in my way now..'
     The moment their eyes locked, Po gave him a long glare, one that could start fires if it could. Looking back to Croc and (Y/n) he frowned softly and slowly swam backwards, "I still have some unfinished business.."
     Croc nodded softly, making one last comment before swimming towards the docs, "We're all rooting for you Dragon Warrior.." With his paw press to (Y/n)'s back, he made it back quickly and carefully to the doc.
     As the two made their ways away from Po, (Y/n) hummed softly and opened her eyes. A soft whimper echoed from her, reaching out to Po, only for her arm to fall against Master Crock's back. Tigress and Monkey stood at the end, bent over with their paws outstretched. When the two were close enough, they pulled (Y/n) out of the water and onto the doc.