The Truth

As Po walked away from everyone, Tigress and (y/n) looked at eachother, both confused. Standing up, they and the rest of the five began to follow after Po. As they walked, Tigress turned to (y/n), "What do you think caused Po to freeze up?"
     Shaking her head, (y/n) shrugged as she looked back at her, "I don't know. I didn't quite see him freeze up. But the look in his eyes. It was..distant."
     Frowning softly, Tigress's tail twitched as she motioned towards Po, "Yeah.. Do you have any ideas on what would have gone through his head?"
     The wolf shrugged as she turned to looked at Po, "I don't have any. But he might tell me later, like he usually does when he has something on his mind."
    Tigress nodded as she tapped her tail to (y/n)'s shoulder, "Ok. Might wanna catch up to Po before he gets too far ahead. He might get lost on the way back, as he did onthe way up here."
     A small giggle left (y/n) as she smiled, "Yeah. I'll tell ya later about Po when I get the chance." With that said, she jogged forward, following Po's scent before spotting him going down the wrong path. Running up to him, she gently grabbed his paw and lead him to the right path.
     As she looked up at Po to speak, her ears flattened softly as she noticed his frown. Letting go of the Panda's paw, she placed her arms behind her back, "Hey Po. Would you like to talk about it?"
     His right ear pricked a little before he looked down at his friend stammering a little, "Huh? Talk about what? I got nothing to talk about, do you?"
     A small smile formed on her muzzle as she met eyes with him, "Do you want to talk about what happened earlier? Why did you freeze up?"
     Sighing softly, Po lowered his gaze to the ground, "It's nothing to worry about... but I.. hm.."
     The wolf's ears flattened slightly as she let out a gentle hum, "If...If you need time to tell me then I can wait when you're ready."
     A soft nod came from Po as he looked at his friend, his best friend with a smile, "Thanks (y/n)."
     Smiling back, (Y/n) then looked forward as she thought, 'What's he thinking?'

~Timeskip~

     Back at the noodle shop, Mr. Ping thanked his costumers as he ran the shop himself. It was bright with lanters and mini-shrines of stuff that Po and (y/n) had used at the shop. Fans of the wolf and panda talked about the objects amazed before one rabbit reached to touch the mop that Po would use.
     Turning quickly to the rabbit, Mr. Ping balanced the bowls in his wing steadily, "Ah! Ah! Eh-Don't touch it! You'll get the mop dirty."
     Covering her muzzle, the doe looked at Mr. Ping apologetically before gazing up at the mop again, as if one touch could destroy it. Across the room from the rabbit, two boars shared their stories about the dragon warrior.
     The pink one spoke about how Po once waited on him. Pointing to the stain he turned his chest a little, "-see." As the brown one looked at it, the pink boar turned to Mr. Ping smiling, "Hey, where is the Jade and Dragon warrior?"
     A soft chuckle came from the goose as he turned to the boars, placing the stack of bowls down, "They don't work here anymore. They are busy out there protecting the valley."
     As Ping spoke, the boar glanced at the entrance before gasping as he stood to his hooves, "The Dragon and Jade warriors."
     Almost everyone perked up, standing as they bowed momentarily in the presence of the two. Mr. Ping smiled happily as he turned to them, "Po! (y/n)!"
     Though Po was smiling and greeting everyone, he was still in thought, as if his mind was fuzzy Puns lol). (Y/n) leaned down, letting a few rabbits rub her ears, also letting a piglet mess with her muzzle a little. Glancing over, the wolf's ears pricked as she watched Po stand straight after kissing a kit's forehead (another name for baby rabbit).
     When he had seen Mr. Ping, she was happy that he mood had almost flipped from worried to happy. Leaning down, he hugged his dad as Ping spoke, "You should have told me you were coming!
     Po chuckled smiling as he was careful of the bowls in Pings wing, "Hey dad."
     Pulling away from the hug, Ping held up his bowls, "I would have saved you stinky tofu!"
     Looking around at everyone, Po thought of a way to talk to Ping in private, "Uhh-Uhm. Can I talk to you."
     As Po lead Ping to the kitchen with the bowl, Ping followed him, "Ok son." Raising his wings, he called out, "In honor of my son and (y/n), free tofu desert for everybody!"
     Following after Ping, (y/n) walked through the cheering crowd, noticing that Po's smile turned back to a frown. Looking at the animals, she hurried over and under Po's arm before standing as he waited for his dad, "Po? Would you like me to stay with you while you talk to your dad?"
     Turning to her, he nodded smiling slightly, "Yeah.. thanks (y/n)"
     Nodding gently, (y/n) walked over to the staircase and sat down as Ping walked in. Opening his wings, he hugged Po again, "Oh it's so good to see you Po." Pulling back, he almost gaped in shock, "Have you lost weight? I can almost put my wings around you!"
     Po looked down at himself, smiling slightly as he pulled on some of his fur, "Ahh, maybe a little."
     Hurrying over to his counter, Ping grabbed a knife and some vegetable, "Oh poor you. You must be weak! Let me get you some soup."
     Po put the bowls away in their cupboards before leaning back on another counter, "Naahh. I'm not hungry."
     Realizing he was about to give his thoughts, (y/n) got up and stood next to Po, gently holding his paw in hers. Looking at her, Po smiled slightly before looking towards his dad.
     Turning to the two, Po looked at them up and down as he cut up the vegetable worried, "Not hungry? Po are you alright?"
     Looking Ping in the eye, Po stood straight now, "Yeah yeah I'm fine it's just..." He took a small deep breath, "Earlier today I was fighting these bandits. Nothing too... dangerous, they were just, ya know. And then the strangest thing happened." Pulling his paw from (y/n)'s he messed his hands a little, "I uhm had this crazy vision. I think I saw my mom-"
     At those words, (y/n) had a feeling she knew where this was headed. Looking over at Ping, she realized he had almost stopped cutting his vegetables to look at a picture of Po and him when Po was younger. She could tell he was nervous from the nervous whimpers he was making.
     She was then brought back to Po's attention as the next words slipped from his muzzle, "Where did I come from?" Looking over at Ping, she was almost as curious as Po.
     Mr. Ping tensed up before slowly turning to the two, holding his wings nervously, "Well you see uh-son when baby geese come from aaa... a little egg." Raising his a wing, he pointed at pointed at Po, "A-And don't ask where the egg comes from."
     Po almost groaned in embarrassment and frustration, "Daaad." Rubbing his paw down his face he looked at Ping, "That's not what I meant."
     Dropping his wings to his sides, he let out a sigh, "I know it's not heh.. I think it's time I told you something I should have told you-" his voice grew nervous, "-a long time agohoho.."
     Po looked at him a little worried frowning a little, "Ok?"
     Mr. Ping summoned all his strength to look Po in the eye now, "You..might have been kinda a...a....a.....adopted."