Back Home

It may have taken a while to get to the city, but it didn't feel as long as it should have to get back to the village. It took only a few days to get back, their determination for good food and a well earned rest pushing them forward. All of them had entered the Valley of Peace, some citizens already waiting in homes to welcome everyone back.
     Po and (Y/n) had stopped momentarily, letting the others walk ahead towards the Jade Palace. But before they completely departed, Monkey came over and patted (Y/n)'s back, using his other hand to slip a few ¥1 Renminbi coins into her pocket. He may not have been any money, but for all the trouble she had gone through, he deemed that she deserved it.
     Feeling the sudden weight in her pocket, (Y/n) raised a brow and pulled out the coins shocked. Looking up to thank Monkey, she looked around confused before shaking her head smiling seeing him run up ahead to the others.
     Po raised a brow, leaning over her shoulder as he looked down at the coins, "What was that all about?"
     Jumping slightly, (Y/n) sighed holding her chest before giggling, "I-I'm not sure. But maybe we could put this Renminbi to some good use?" Though it was partially a lie, she wouldn't dare admit to what she thought the money was for. The kiss she had given Po during her confession was real and genuine, she would never dream to taint that memory with money.
     Humming softly, Po looked around before smiling and pointing to the market, "How about we buy some radishes? We could help cook up some dinner for the three of us." He smiled down at her, holding his paw for her to take. Smiling back at him, (Y/n) giggled and took hold of his paw, walking paw in paw to the market to make the purchase.
     Ahead of the two, in Mr. Ping's Noodle Shop, Mr. Ping was having a problem of his own. Currently he was having problems with a mother pig and her young son. The two had come in to see Po and (Y/n) for the young males gift, but upon given news that they weren't there, the mother didn't take to it so well.
     She glared softly at Mr. Ping, leaning over the table before resting a hand to her sons back, "What do you mean he's not here!? It's my sons birthday! All he wanted was to meet the Dragon and Jade Warriors!" Next to her, her young son stood still, sniffling softly on the verge of tears.
     Mr. Ping stood there, his back to the entrance of the shop as he answered warily, "How about some tofu birthday cake, instead?" Though he did give the piglet a small smile, it didn't match the emotions he was really feeling.
     "You know what..." Sighing inwardly, the mother leaned back and looked to her son, "We'll try again some other time. When do you think they'll be back?"
     Those words hit Mr. Ping hard. Before he could answer, he had already begun to tear up, his eyes having to squint to look through the tears, "I don't know, okay, I DON'T KNOW! Maybe never!" All that time of Po and (Y/n) being gone, the fear of losing them both had had a toll on him. But the most painful thought to him was that he feared he wouldn't be able to see Po again, the son he's raised since he the panda was an infant.
     He stepped away from the two, holding his wings together, his voice seeming to rise from anxiety, "I mean, I worry, okay, I'm his dad..." Shaking his head, Mr. Ping lowered his head almost defeated, "Or at least I was his dad..." The mother watched in shock as the goose flung himself across the table, she knew what he was feeling as a parent, but to see a father go through it was heart wrenching, "Why did he have to go and save China... " He looked up at the young boy frowning and sniffling, his tears on the verge of falling, "I know why, but why? My little panda..."
     Slowly looking away from the goose, the piglet sniffled before perking up. Uncrossing his arms, he gasped softly and grinned, looking up at his mother laughing and pointing as two familiar warriors walked into the shop.
     Getting up, Mr. Ping slowly turned around a surge of joy filling him as he looked back to see Po and (Y/n) just inside the entrance of his shop, each holding a radish basket. Po stood tall, smiling happy at the gooses reaction. (Y/n)'s tail wagged slowly, giggling as Mr. Ping yelled in delight, rushing over giving the two a big hug, or at least as big of a hug as he could fit the two in. His tears now gone as he slid down from the two, looking between Po and (Y/n) whilst holding his wings, "So how did it go? Did you save China?"
     Po smiled down at him, "Yup."
     As Mr. Ping spoke, (Y/n) went ahead and placed her basket of radishes down, "Oh I knew you would.. That's why I had these signs made-" He pulled out a poster of Po and (Y/n) in a fighting position, "-'My son saved China. You too can save, buy one dumpling get one free'!"
     His smile slowly dropped as Po places his basket down, "Hey, that's a pretty good deal."
     The goose moved his wing back, trying to change the subject as he pointed to the kitchen, "Would you like to try one?"
     Po shook his head slowly, getting down so he was at Mr. Ping's height, "Maybe later." On his knees, he let out a big sigh, "There's something I should tell you." Mr. Ping gulped softly as Po continued, "While I was gone... I found the village where I was born... I found out how I ended up in that radish basket."
     Having been watching the two, (Y/n) frowned softly and remained silent. Po had told her the story on the way back to the valley. She would be lying if she said that she hadn't teared up, but when Po had reassured her a few times that he was really ok was when she had calmed down. Her ears pinned back slightly as she watched the two, her heart aching at how worried Mr. Ping had started to become.
     The goose raised a brow, his voice low as he leaned forward, "You did?"
     Po leaned down also, looking to Mr. Ping with a sadness of his own, the memory of his mother flashing in his view, "I know who I am.."
     By now Mr. Ping was barely heard, his fear of losing his little panda starting to grow, "Y-You do?"
     There was a brief moment of silence between the trio, anxiety building up for the goose before Po finally broke the silence, "...I'm your son." He seemed to smile, but it was also his emotions building up. Mr. Ping smiled, moving forward and gladly taking the embrace. Po lifted him up, tears forming as he dug his face into Mr. Pings shoulder, "I love you, Dad."
     With his head resting on Po's shoulder, Mr. Ping smiled big, tears falling from the corner of his eyes, "I love you too, son." His fears were gone, he hadn't lost his little panda, but instead he was brought closer to him.
     Smiling at the two's father-son love, (Y/n) backed up and pushed the two baskets of radishes together. When it looked like Po was about to put him down, the (f/c) wolf grinned and patted the crates gently, "On our way here, we thought we could help out and buy some radishes for your noodle soup."
     Looking over to her, Mr. Ping gasped and grinned, moving to the crates to examine the radishes, "Ahhh! Delicious, fat radishes!" Reaching down, he lifted one of the baskets and began to carry it ahead of them to the kitchen smiling, "You both are probably hungry, let me make you something to eat!"
     Po's eyes widened, placing a paw to his stomach before lifting up the other crate following him, "What are you talking about? I'll cook!" Before he passed the pig child, he stopped momentarily and patted the young male on the head smiling.
     (Y/n) on the other hand waited for Po to go ahead, letting the two playfully bicker with each other. Bending down in front of the boy, she smiled at him and gave him a careful hug, her tail wagging at his excited giggles. Pulling away, she looked down at him and nodded, "Remember to always be brave, and don't let your fear stop you from doing what you love ok?"
     She held out her closed paw to fist bump him, smiling when he returned the bump. Standing up, she turned and jogged after the two. Her ears perked forward, rolling her eyes slightly as she hurried up and stopped them. Raising her paws, she placed them one on each of they shoulders, "How about this, let's all cook together."
     The two stopped, Po smiling as he looked to his father again, "Yeah, lets do it together."
     "Together?" Mr. Ping seemed to consider it for a few moments, smiling up at the two before shaking his head and carrying on to the kitchen, "...No, I'll cook!"
     Laughing together, Po smiled and wrapped his arm around (Y/n)'s hip, pulling her into a side hug. He sighed softly, grinning down at her before leaning down and kissing her gently on the forehead, catching her off guard.
     Blushing brightly, her (e/c) eyes widened at the sudden kiss. Looking back up at Po, (Y/n)'s tail wagged softly before giggling and jumping up returning the kiss on the nose to him, "Let's get inside before your dad starts without us." Her ears perked up slightly, stepping in front of him and pushing the door open, allowing the panda inside. Once inside, the three began to cook, laughing and having fun throughout their time together.
     Unknown to them, far off away from the Valley of Peace, across the sea of valleys, through the dessert plains, and past the snowy mountains lay a village in the high mountains. A round figure sat under a shrine-like structure, once meditating awoke from his trance like state surrounded by lit candle, looked up from his spot. His eyes were wide, the green robe upon his body sliding off his arm as he turned, revealing himself to be an older panda.
     His voice came off as a whisper, shock and joy mixed together as he stood up, "My son is alive..." Stepping out of the shrine-like structure, the male looked down upon the small farming village in which he lived in. The village was populated with pandas like himself. The ones down below looked on at the male as if a prayer had been answered, their ears perking forward to hear what plans he had yet to make.

_____________________________________________

Ok everyone! We have 1 more extra chapter before this book comes to a close! But before I put this book as complete, I wanna let you all know that I am putting a poll up for you all to help me decide what books to write next AFTER KFP3! I will post the poll and its details right after I post the next chapter!! So please be sure to check it out!!