Leaving Gongmen City

(N/n) - Nickname
_____________________________________________
     Po was right when he said that they would be staying a while to help. Throughout the day, he, (Y/n), and the others warriors helped clear the canal of broken ships and rubble from any destruction. It took them till dusk before they were finally ready to set out back home.
     Currently, Po, the Furious Five, Shifu, and (Y/n) were on the little boat, riding a current away from Gongmen city. They've already eaten, thanks to Po's cooking, and we're getting ready to head to bed. Everyone was inside, well, except for (Y/n). She sat at the end of the boat, watching as the city slowly disappeared.
     She was happy to be going home, but she was still feeling the loss of Master Fang. It hurt, the stinging feeling inside, it was like losing her family all over again. Fang was almost like a second mother to her in those months they had trained together, how she took care of her and tended to her wounds, it was like her mom was with her in those moments.
     Her ears pinned back, looking up at the orange and red sky. It reminded her of the flames Fang would blow to keep her warm on cold nights. Closing her eyes, she frowned softly and took a slow breath, "So here we are at the end now~ I need to leave, but I only wanna stay with you~" She gripped her fists leaning against the stern, tilting her head against the wood, "You never asked to be the one, to set me free~ Another mask you wore that only I could see~"
     She took a moment to breathe, tearing up slightly as her heart ached, "Let me take you when I go, when I go~ I don't want to do this on my own, on my own~" Her voice traveled with the easy breeze, flowing over the calm water around her, "I'm breaking free but of these chains~ Oh, let this one remain~ Let me take you when I go~"
     Though it would be impossible, she wished she could have brought Fang's remains back to the palace, to give a proper burial. It only felt right to bury Fang in the place she had thought was her own home. Sniffling softly, her ears perked up feeling a drop of liquid land in her lap. Tilting her head, she reached up and wiped at her face, only to now realize that she had been crying.
     Her tail curled against her leg, bringing it to her chest as she continued, "I can still feel you here, now in this cage~ Every link, another piece of you I saved~" Looking down into the water, she watched her reflection, "Afraid to open up the door to who I was before~ And if I ler go of these chains, now will I float away?~ Can I just hold on?~"
     By now her voice had caught the attention of a certain panda. He was getting ready for bed, setting up both his and (Y/n)'s beds next to each other, but stopped when he heard her echo. Standing up, he walked over to the exit and peaked from the curtains. When he didn't see her at the bow, he walked out completely and peaked around the corner towards the stern.
     Not saying a word, Po frowned softly and slowly walked towards her, his emerald eyes focusing on her shaking shoulders. He knew how singing helped her deal with her emotions, so instead of calling out to her, he leaned against a wall and waited for her.
     Still having not noticed Po, (Y/n) raised her head and looked up at the darkening sky, the stars coming into view, "Ohh, let me take you when I go, when I go~ I don't want to do this on my own, on my own~" Her tail flicked behind her, unable to stop the tears from falling, "I'm breaking free but of these chains~ Oh, let this one remain~ Let me take you when I go~"
     She let her voice ring out, it eventually dying off and over run by soft splashing of the water below. Sighing softly, (Y/n) tilted her head forward and allowed herself to finally relax, well, relax as she could at the moment. Turning herself to head back to the others, she jumped slightly not expecting to see Po, "Oh my gosh!"
     The panda laughed softly, jumping at her shock as he walked forward, "Calm down, its just me hehe." He moved to her side, smiling calmly as she sat down across from her on a box, "I heard ya singing a small bit ago, so I wanted to come check on you. Are you doing alright?"
     (Y/n)'s ears perked forward, smiling awkwardly as she rubbed the back of her neck, "O-Oh, yeah I'm ok. Just needed to let some emotions out." She turned to face him, the tears that once fell from her face had left a darker stripe of (f/c) fur.
     Not believing her, Po crossed his arms and raised a brow scolding her gently, "(N/n), I've known you for over a decade." Uncrossing his arms, he patted his lap and held his arms out towards her, "Now tell me, what's wrong?"
     Blushing softly, (Y/n) sighed softly and got up from her spot. Walking over, she sat on his leg, her own legs draping across his lap. For a second she didn't say anything, thinking of how to say her words before speaking, "I'm just... I wish I could bring something back that was Fang's.. It doesn't feel right to go home without her with us.."
     Po placed a paw on her back, rubbing slowly as he nodded to her words, "I know it hurts, but I believe Fang isn't really gone."
     Raising a brow, (Y/n) looked up at him confused, "W-What do you mean?"
     The panda smiled and reached up, gently wiping at the dark streaks of (f/c) from under her eyes, "Well, from what Shifu had told me is that Master Fang gave her life so you could still have yours. He said she transferred her energy and somehow gave it to you. That would mean that she is a part of you now and that she isn't truly gone. I bet even right now that she is watching over us."
     (Y/n) giggled softly, leaning into his palm smiling, "Well, if that's true, then even if she isn't with us physically, I hope she is safe wherever she is."
     For a moment the two sat there in the calm silence, the only sounds coming from the swishing waves around the boat. Po continued to hold (Y/n) close, the smaller wolf now leaning her head into his chest. Another few minutes went by before he heard (Y/n)'s soft snores. Perking his ears up, he almost stood up before noticing her necklace, the missing half of his own.
     Reaching down, he carefully lifted hers from her neck and connected it to his own, smiling when the heart shown 'best friends forever'. He chuckled softly, subconsciously hugging (Y/n) closer before remembering something. A while ago, when he was with the soothsayer, he had looked down at his half of the necklace and realized the back said 'Lost'.
     Still holding the necklace, Po tilted his head and flipped it over, his eyes widening at what was engraved, 'Lost Love'. His pupils dilated a bit, looking down at (Y/n) with a stronger love now. Smiling softly, he leaned down and kissed the top of her head between her ears, gently nuzzling into her. Standing up, he began to carry her back to bed. And though she was asleep, he whispered to her as if she was awake, "I love you (Y/n). From now on, I promise to protect you with everything I have."