Family Departure

Jumping off the boat, (Y/n) grunted at the sudden cold. Though it wasn't that too long since she was last in the water, having all those spins to do really warmed her up. Up above, the explosions seemed faint and muffled, vibrations shaking them. Peaking her eyes open, her ears perked up at how close Po was to her.
     Her (e/c) eyes looked into Po's emerald ones, her paws resting on his chest. It was as if they were floating in space, their forms glowing in the darkness surrounding them. After a few seconds, the two realized that they were under for a bit longer than they needed to. Taking her hand off Po, (Y/n) pointed up towards the surface, prompting Po to swim up to the surface with her.
     As they broke the surface, they were welcomed by cheers from onlookers. The walkways were filled with those who lived within the city. Their faces were bright with joy and relief, some clapping and hugging others out of their own excitement, they were free from their captors and no longer needed to live in fear.
     Po latched himself onto a piece of wood, glancing to the ship as (Y/n) pulled herself up onto the dock. He sighed relieved, the fear of losing Kung Fu now only a far away feeling, "Whew..."
     Turning to look up at the dock, he was met with a smiling (Y/n), her arm outstretched towards him. Her ears remained perked forward, water dripping from her fur. He couldn't help it, for a few moments he stared up at her. There was a new look in his eyes, one she didn't quite recognize, but could sense the determination behind it. Reaching up, he grabbed her paw, allowing her to pull him up out of the water, occasionally kicking in the water to help her.
     Once he was up on his feet, she let go of his paw and stood straight, putting her paws on her hips, "That... was pretty hardcore."
     Po smiled back at her silently before suddenly reaching forward. Catching her off guard, Po grabbed her paw and pulled her into a deep kiss. With one hand holding hers, he placed his other on her back, having her in a slight dip.
     (Y/n) gasped muffled at the pull, her eyes widening in shock. Her ears perked forward, staring up into his eyes flustered before slowly closing her eyes. She leaned into the kiss, her tail wagging softly placing her free hand on his shoulder.
     After a few seconds of silence, Po peaked his eyes open to look down at her, only for realization to his as he noticed the other warriors watching the two in astonished silence, Crane's beak dropping. Heat rushed under his fur, pulling away from the kiss whilst standing (Y/n) in front of him.
     Having to regain her balance. (Y/n) stood there a flustered mess, her body swaying softly. The others on the other hand, ran forward and embraced both warriors.
     Crane flew forward, landing between the to looking to both Po and (Y/n), "Please, don't ever do that again!" He genuinely sounded concerned, but glad that they were both ok.
     Stepping forward, Shifu grinned up at them, "It seems that you both found inner peace." Almost immediately after he frowned, slouching slightly on his feet, "And at such a young age." He looked away from the two, his grip on his staff loosening some.
     Po chuckled softly, smiling as he pulled (Y/n) into his arms, "Well, we did have a pretty good teacher." With his other hand, he attempted to grab Shifu to pull him into a hug, only to be surprised when the red panda disappeared from his arms.
     Looking around, (Y/n) giggled softly spotting Shifu standing on a nearby pole. At that moment, a high pitch sounded from the ship, a shower of sparks erupting from the last bits of Shen's ship. A barrage of fireworks shot into the sky, briefly making the shape of a peacock's head whilst they explode.
     Smiling, (Y/n) leaned her head into Po's shoulder catching his attention. He looked down at her, his pupils dilating a bit as he slowly smiled. Leaning his head to hers, he wrapped his arm around her hip, gently pulling her closer to him. In the near distance, the Soothsayer stood in the crowd happily watching the fireworks. Behind her, Boss stood hidden in the shadow smiling softly, glad to see his cousin happy.
     As time slowly passed, the fireworks eventually came to an end, the last one ending with a large yin yang symbol flashing against the dark sky. Shifu smiled and turned to the warriors, hopping down to stand on the deck, "Well everyone, I best believe that it's time we head back home. With Kung Fu saved, China is now at peace once again."
     Po smiled softly, standing up looking around to everyone, "Yeah, we all deserve a good nights rest after today."
     (Y/n)'s tail wagged softly, nodding as she looked back at the city, "I agree. A nap feels about right, right now." As she looked to the city, she perked up catching a glimpse of Boss backing away from the crowds, "On second thought, how about you guys get the boat ready, give me a few minutes and I'll be back." She smiled apologetically and pulled away from Po, jogging off into the city after Boss.
     It didn't take her too long to find him, catching up to him quickly in an alleyway, "Hey, wait!"
     Boss tensed up slightly before relaxing, sighing softly before turning to her smiling, "Hehe, yes?"
     Raising a brow, (Y/n) tilted her head stepping towards him, "Where do you think you're going? We're all about to head back to the Valley of Peace. Don't you want to come?"
     The older male chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck frowning softly, "Look, I know that you may want me to join you. But lets face the facts, I'm a wanted criminal." He looked away from her, his eyes moving from the ground to the walls of the buildings around them, "No matter what, there will be bounties on my head, warriors will come looking for me. And plus, I think I want to try and settle down for a while. Living that dangerous life doesn't seem so fun now that my eyes are open."
     Smiling softly, (Y/n) reached forward and hugged Boss, catching him off guard, "Well, if you ever want to visit, I'll be in the Valley of Peace." As Boss returned the hug, she leaned back and raised a brow at him, "But if you ever get caught, please just be careful. I'd recommend to go willingly, don't fight them. Cause if they do manage to catch you, then maybe they could give you a lighter jail sentence, ok?"
     Nodding, Boss chuckled and hugged her tighter before pulling away also, "Of coarse, I'll make my amends in time. But before I do I will experience what it would be like to have a normal life."
     Her tail swayed softly, taking a few steps back nodding back, "Alright, well, you be safe out there ok?" She was a little anxious about just letting him go, him being the only blood family she knew, she didn't want to lose him like the rest of her family, but she couldn't just force him to come with her.
     Boss smiled softly and laughed, reaching up he patted her head, ruffling up her (f/c) fur a bit, "I promise to be careful, but you don't have to worry about me." Turning his back to her, he jogged over to a building and climbed up onto one of its ledges, "And (Y/n), make me a promise will ya? Promise me you'll take care of yourself, and to not travel down the same darkness I did, ok?"
     Watching him, her ears perked up at his request, "Of coarse! I promise to be careful and to not stray from the light." Feeling better about his promise, she crossed a claw over her heart, confident that their promise would never break.
     Her cousins tail wagged slowly, his smile turning into a grin, "I'm glad to hear that. You take care of yourself now." With a small wave, he turned and scaled the rest of the building, disappearing behind the corner of the home.
     (Y/n)'s eyes lingered where he last stood for a few more moments before turning herself and headed back to the others. It didn't take long though, since Po was already looking for her. She could hear him calling her name, and eventually spotted him trying to make his way through a large crowd of bystanders, who were all trying to give him their gratitude.
     Smiling, she hurried over and surprised him with a hug from behind, "I'm here Po, you don't have to worry about me disappearing."
     Po grunted softly, raising his arm to look back at her before grinning, "There you are! We are setting up a boat to head back home." Turning himself, he wrapped his arms around her and returned the hug, looking down at her with caring eyes, "Where did you go?"
     Her ears pinned back some, looking back at where she had come from before looking back up at him shaking her head, "Just went to say a goodbye." She leaned her head against his chest, glad to be in Po's warm embrace, "But I'm ready to go whenever you are."
     With his paws resting on her hips, Po could feel a blush forming under his fur as she leaned into him, "A-Alright. I'll let the others know that were ready, but we probably won't leave till later, just to make sure things get cleaned up." Leaning down, he surprised (Y/n) and lifted her up into his arms bridal style. Nuzzling his head gently into hers, he chuckled at her flustered look, carrying her effortlessly through the crowd of onlookers to the docks.