Prologue

"It's finally over," Claire's hand reaches out to the sun as the chaos of war quiets around her. The ringing of swords swallowed by the news of the end of the battle. They lost many good men in this war and Claire's heart still ached at the loss of Dimitri his clear ruby eyes lost their focus as he sits in his armour.

I groan loudly at the mention of the loss of my favourite character. My eyes were still puffy from the chapter before when he died. My roommate laughs softly as I let out another groan of pure sadness.

"What happened? Last time I heard you this disgruntled was when the knight dude died," My roommate said further making my heart sag with hurt.

"Yeah, they brought him up again! I can't believe they keep bringing it up! He was like my second favourite!" I say laying on my bed dramatically like a lady who'd just fainted.

"And who was your favourite, again?" My roommate asks laughing at my dramatics.

"You know exactly who my favourite is Damien! You just like to laugh at his name!"

"Yeah, yeah, Keeper-" I cut Damien's bored tone off as I start to think of my white knight.

"Klaus Keeper! The white knight! A man of the temple and of the war!" I say sighing dreamily.

"So, what happened now? Other than them mentioning the death of the knight?" Damien asks.

"They won the war apparently, but it sucks because they lost Dimitri. If I was there I would totally be able to tell the difference between the twins. Claire the dumb bitch didn't even know that they were twins! It was so obvious! One is like 4 inches taller than the other and was a medic! Like how she would not know the difference! They're lucky they won the war If she'd done the stupid thing she likes to do by not following orders, like, I get you're the protag but like seriously!" I whine as I roll around in bed like a child.

"Well, how about you get up and we'll continue this as we get dressed for class?" Damien says pointing to the clock in our cramped dorm room.

"Shit! Why did you let me play that much we're gonna be late!" I gasp leaping from my bed.

"Late? We still have like 30 minutes?" Damien laughed as I rip through my clothes and put together an outfit.

"I mean seriously! Claire is so stupid! I bet the Villainess would know exactly what to do and not hesitate. They almost lost the war because they lost Dimitri, and like don't get me wrong Dakota is sweet and I love him, but they needed Dimitri to help with the battle. They only won because the Crown Prince was able to negotiate a promise. They were losing on the battlefield!" I say pulling my shirt over my head.

"I bet the Crown Prince didn't really do that, I bet his younger brother did," Damien said pulling on his pants.

"Why do you say that?" I ask pulling my hair through the collar.

"Because he clearly isn't cut out to be the prince," Damien says. I roll my eyes.

"He's doing just fine! And there's no way he'd let an 18-year-old knight in training decide the most important point in the story!" I say zipping my pants up.

"You do realize we were 18 like 2 years ago," Damien says egging me on.

"And do you think we would run a kingdom at 18?" I asked rolling my eyes at Damien.

"Yes, I do think we could run a kingdom at 18," he says with a confident smile as he leans against the wall.

"Oh! Shut up, you do not think we'd be able to! You fucking narcissist," I say throwing a hat to him. He catches it with ease.