Chapter 6 Elisia's Villians Vow

Being a brat came pretty easily to me. Now have I reached Villianhood yet? No. But it was entertaining to throw things, skip etiquette lessons, and even plainly ignore orders. Today's agenda was to greet his guests before he could get there. I didn't exactly know who was supposed to show up today.  I just knew they were important because Elisia's father had told me to be on my best behaviour today.  I, of course, had plans to be on my worse behaviour.

I put on my best outfit because I had to look good to be bad. I raced to the foyer to greet our guests and stood at the top of the stairs peering down at them. Or at least was planning to until I realized who exactly it was. It was Dimitri and his father, there was no way in hell I could act like a brat in front of those two. I had too much respect for Duke Evergreen and I liked Dimitri too much to be rude to him.

"Duke Evergreen! What an honour to have you here! Father is tangled up at the moment. He'll be right down! Until then please come have some tea!" I say rushing down the stairs and bowing.

"That's quite alright, a bit of tea does sound splendid right now doesn't it son?" The duke asked his son. Who nodded without saying anything.

"Splendid! Follow me. Augusta! Will, you go grab some tea and some snacks nothing too sweet please," I ask already knowing Dimitri doesn't care for sweets that much.

"So, lady Reygnheart, how are you healing?" Duke Evergreen asks. Irking me slightly, I didn't want to speak about how I got my ass handed to me.

"I'm healing quite well the arm hardly hurts anymore. And none of the wounds are going to leave any scars. I think my hair got the worse of it, but it'll grow back," I say lying through my teeth my arm is throbbing right now. 

"I'm glad you're doing well,  my sons were quite worried you'd been seriously injured. But it seems their worry was for nought," he says with a smile. Duke Evergreen says gesturing towards Dimitri who turns a shade of red.

"I appreciate the sentiment but you'll find I'm much more sturdy than I seem. I would love to hold a sword like you but I fear father would have my skin," I laugh softly. Dimitri's eyes gleam at this.

"Your father is a proud man, he fears the tides that brought him to where he is," Duke Evergreen said. 

"That he is, hopefully, he leaves some of that pride behind when he goes to Vernal and tries to make peace," I say with a bite. Duke Evergreen gives a soft chuckle.

"I agree, he's a bit thick-skulled in that remark. Your oldest brother hopefully won't have that problem too," Duke Evergreen said with a smirk.

"Oh trust me, he does. This whole family is cursed with their idiotic pride," I say and just then the door is thrown open. 

"Elisia! What on earth are you doing!" Elisia's father snapped at me.

"I was keeping our guests entertained. Since someone was so keen on keeping them rudely waiting. You know Father it's not at all polite to keep guests waiting without company," I say standing and cleaning my dress of crumbs.

"I sent the butler down to greet them only for him to tell me you had taken it upon yourself to host them," Father said his face turning the shade of red in his hair.

"I was simply on my way to the gardens when I heard a carriage is all," I say acting innocent. Man, this was going great. He really walked right into my trap. He sure was embarrassing himself. 

"Gordan, calm yourself. Lady Reygnheart did nothing wrong she only showed us kindness and respect," Duke Evergreen said defending me. Oh, this was getting good.