Chapter 12 Doctor's Deep Dive

Elisia

I knew letting Dakota take me to the infirmary was a bad idea but yet here I am. Each step feels like defeat. Will Dakota make me stop training if he finds out I rebroke my arm?

I look over to Dakota he looks so relaxed. The very much opposite of me.

"Are you sure you'd rather take me to the infirmary? I can just ask a maid or something?"

"For the last time, it's fine. I don't mind at all. Besides, when I'm there all I can do is watch. I know how to fight I just try not to," Dekota said tangling his words.

"Okay but if something happens in here do you promise to keep it between us?" I stop and meet his eyes.

"Okay, I promise to keep what happens in there between us. I won't tell the others you're afraid of the doctors," he says with a kind smile. If only that was the reason I didn't want him to go in. He has no idea just how bad my arm looks right now.

"We wouldn't be here if you hadn't made such a risky move," he says yet again lecturing me. this is probably the 3rd time on the walk I've heard this.

"I didn't think it would be such a big deal," I pout.

"You're a high-ranking noble, of course, it's a big deal! If you're injured at the place and you don't get properly treated it can cause friction between the high duke and his majesty."

I try to stifle a laugh but it comes out as a puff of air.

"I doubt Father would care about a small scratch. He'd probably think I deserved it," I mutter the last half under my breath.

"I'm sure he'd be upset this daughter was injured. You're the only piece of your mother he has left. I've been told you look-" he starts.

"Please don't mention her, it's as if you're comparing me to a stranger. I've never met her so she's meaningless to me. If anything, she's caused me more grief from others than from myself," I say with a sigh. At least that's something we have in common me and Elisia I never met her mother. Even in the game, she remained unnamed. It's quite sad actually. All I know about her is that she was from winter and that she had snow-white hair much like the current high duchess.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend," he said meekly.

"Don't worry about it, Dakota. I just didn't want you thinking I am related to her any more than she gave birth to me," I say giving him a soft smile. I really don't care about not having a real mom in this world the real me remembers my mom and I don't ever want to replace her. So not having a mom in this story isn't a big deal to me.

"That's very strong of you, but if that thought ever changes let me know I'm a really good listener," he said with a smile.

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you very much." As I finish that sentence the door to the infirmary comes into sight.

"Hello, Your Highness Reygnheart and Your Highness Evergreen, how may I help you today?" A man says his purple eyes hidden behind glasses bigger than his face his long silver hair tied back out of his face. I'd dare call him handsome if he cut his hair a bit I'm not really into long-haired men.

"Doctor Killian, Elisia has injured her arm while practising swordsmanship," Dakota said professionally. I look over at him and see him a bit flustered. Now it all makes sense he wasn't worried about me he just wanted to see the hot doctor.

"Oh, by the elemental god! Come in and we'll get you looked at," he says ushering us in and closing the door behind us. It's a decent-sized room. there are a couple of doors leading to other places. I assume medical closets and extra rooms.