Chapter 2: Elisia Awakens

My heart pounds as my skin shivers and my lungs feel full. Warm liquid ran down my face, I didn't know if they were tears of blood. I try to breathe, and my lungs won't fill. Why did I wake up only to suffer like this? Why did I even wake up? I couldn't even die properly. I try to get air to fill in my lungs but, it's suffocating. I can't pull the air in. I can't breathe. Why can't I just die? Why am I still suffering?

I know I need to act more rationally but how can I be rational when I can't breathe to calm myself. I felt like I was suffocating. Wait to suffocate? When I got shot I felt like I was drowning not suffocating.

I try to make myself focus if it doesn't feel like I'm drowning then maybe I'm not dying. I try to focus on my other senses. I start with my hearing. It was silent wherever I was. So that means I wasn't in the hospital because they'd most definitely have me on some kind of machine that would beep. I try to open my eyes but only see darkness.

I feel myself start to calm down a bit. The construction on my chest starts to ease ever so slightly.

I keep going with my senses. The smell is out because I can't breathe. My mouth tastes like morning breath, and not like blood. Another sign I'm not dying. I move my hands and feel what I'm lay on. It feels soft and silk. A bed maybe? I think I'm on a bed on my stomach. Is that why I can't breathe? I push up with my arms much easier than I normally would be able to, must be the adrenaline.

I push up and feel a bit of pressure off my chest. I try to breathe again and get a bit of air flowing through me. I feel tears trail down my face. Finally, air! I flip myself around.

Had I just been suffocating because I was laying on my stomach? Well, that and that I was having a very clear panic attack.

I start over on my senses. I listen to the room around me, still quiet. I take a deep breath and smell the air; it smells like rose and berry. I was expecting more of a lemon and cleaning supplies smell. I touched the surface of the bed one more time. I spread out more than my hands could explore from just simply laying here. Lastly, I open my eyes softly and the room is dark, but I can still make out some distinct shapes. I saw a couch and some chairs, a vanity, a desk, an armour, and a few other pieces of furniture that I couldn't quite see.

I was now calm enough to try and make sense of what was happening. So, first thing's first, I died. There is no way I lived from that gunshot. Second, I've been reincarnated. Third, this isn't America, I highly doubt it's even the same earth I'm from. Fourth, whoever I am now is extremely wealthy.

I sit up and see that the bed I'm in is probably bigger than a king-size bed back in my old world. I scoot towards the edge and see a curtain is around the bed. That must be why everything is hard to see. I pull back the curtain and see that it is early morning, or the sun is just setting. I'd say it's rising.

All I wanted was to go back to sleep, but I was afraid if I did that I'd see it all over again. I reached up to push my hair out of my face and felt curls. I smiled at least this new body has curly hair that's at least an upgrade. I stretch out my arms and frown. Why are my arms so short? I groan I'm shorter than I was in my previous life! I knew those short jokes towards my mom would come and bite me in the ass later.

I get out of bed and start to look around a bit. This room looks familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. I walked over to the mirror to see what they'd given me to work with. They being whatever god ruled this part of the universe.

I look into the dark lit mirror and see pastel pink hair, slightly tanned skin, and angry pale blue eyes. No way...I'm Elisia Reygnheart, the villainess from The King's First Knight the game I was playing before I died. The game is more like a play for story with minor choices.