Chapter 7 Party Time Part 1

Elisia

I sit in my vanity chair looking over myself once again. The suit fit perfectly, it was the perfect Forest green that I wanted. The colour made my hair almost glow. I was bare of any jewellery except for my cuff links which were made of Emeralds I quite liked the look. The jewellery looks like it'd hurt to wear. I pull the blazer closer and grin at my reflection. This is sure to get a rise out of people. 

"Elisia are you ready?" Aug asks from outside my door.

"Of course I am," I say throwing open the door and strutting out.

"Elisia! That looks even better than I could've imagined!" 

"I know, it's quite impressive." The two of us said walking towards the ballroom.

"Where in the Seasons is that girl? The guests have already started to show up," Father says pacing to and fro in the room. Alfonse was sporting the house colour of plum almost the colour of a bruise, making his firetruck red hair stand out in a contrast.  Father in a similar suit, they must've matched suites on purpose. 

Oleander and his mother were both dressed in similar colours the purple a much more present one. Nivia's dress was made of the finest silk one could buy, the light gleamed off it making her look beautiful. Oleander was dressed similar to Alfonse and his father but his suit had shorts and a cute little hat.

I cross the room and instantly their eyes grow wide at seeing me sport a forest green suit. 

"What in the seasons are you wearing?" Father shouts across the room. I grin at him. oh, this was going to be fun.

"My outfit for the ball of course. We better hurry and start welcoming the guests before they leave," I say walking past them toward the chairs in the front of the room. It's odd that we have thrones, but I guess it's okay since he's the high duke. 

"Elisia! You can't go out there dressed like that!" Alfonse says going to grab my arm, but I dance out of the way and right out into the seat. As soon as my ass touched the chair people started trickling in.

"Your high duke ship, young lord," A man with greying hair bowed deeply, the older woman next to him looking in a similar state. Both were dressed in a lovely chocolate brown with accents of Baige. As the man came up his eyes met mine and I grin cheekily. His face turned a deep red. I cock my head to the side and give him a shit-eating grin. I feel Father's eyes dart to me and his face contorts in anger. I bathe in the feeling of anger that surges in the room.

"Marquess Klaus, it's a pleasure to see you again. Where's your grandson?" Father asks. Klaus? Though it's Keeper's first name, I think they're talking about the way more annoying person with that last name Klaus, Samson. Samson Klaus was the most annoying character in all the game whether it be his cynical ideals or his know it all attitude. He's supposedly the smart hot one, but he falls into the smart hot guy trope of being obnoxious. 

"He's..." His eyes glance at me. I gesture for him to continue. He actually does, "He's on his way, he's helping Marquess Piper with his carriage. One of the wheels broke and he's helping change it."  I roll my eyes there's no way he was actually getting his hands dirty, more like he was shouting annoying at them on how to do a job workers already knew how to do. He's the definition of mansplaining. 

"I'm sure," I mutter sarcastically under my breath. The Marquess for his old age must have good hearing since he looked over at me when I said this. 

"How kind of him," Father said a considerate smile trying to ease the tension that I have created.