Chapter 23: Reborn, Colonnello and Verde

Full title: Reborn, Colonnello and Verde, AKA the weathers of chaos.

Happy Wesak Day to me! (My mother say it's spelled as Wesak day not Vesak Day here.)

Reborn is Verde's brother and Reborn met Colonnello in elementary school.

Reborn - 9 years old
Colonnello - 9 years old
Verde - 8 years old

Sicily, Italy (2017) (After black panther, before infinity war)

Reborn had noticed something interesting. So he compiled it in a folder and named it black due to the fact that everyone be suspected to be in the know was well... Black. Really not the most creative name, but if the shoe fits, then don't change it. It also helps that the name is really inconspicuous, so that's a plus. There's also the fact that the building that most of them were scurrying about in was also black in color. And that important members seem to like sitting in expensive black sedan... Well, you get the idea.

"So, we are planning an infiltration today? That's fun." Colonnello commented as the three slumped in Colonnello house (mansion). Since his parents were always on business trips and there were only a few servants in the house, it was the best place for their meetings. It was even better that most of the rooms where their discussion took place restricted anyone's entry unless allowed or it was time to clean. And even that, the rooms where Verde did his experiments or had his or Reborn's weapons stored within it were strictly off limits.

Reborn glanced at him and ignored his question. Instead Reborn asked, "How's the little team that you've made?"

Colonnello was stunned for a moment before answering, "Well, in terms of combat abilities of those above 20, I would say that they would be able to overpower three police each if they were ever faced with this situation. As for those below 20, I would say they make fine informants for now."

Reborn looked at Colonnello with a deadpan face.

Colonnello shrugged, "Not my fault we only had three years to cultivate them. Furthermore, you were too busy on investigating Africa these 9 months. I personally am not a demonic tutor so I don't make catered regime for each individual. So of course the results were not up to your standards."

Zaire, a 19 years old afro-italian who was acting as a personal assistant of Colonnello kept as quiet as a mouse throughout the entire conversation in the room. He would not appreciate getting killed by these madmen after all.

"What about your personal assistant, I hope that his results were not as disappointing as the rest of the lot." Reborn narrowed his eyes in displeasure at the thought of the little team that Colonnello cultivated and was contemplating whether to train them hardcore Vongola style or not.

Colonnello rolled his eyes, "Don't worry. With his talents if I could not train him to be able to fight at least 6 federal agents on his own that I may as well not wear the title of arcobaleno."

Zaire felt a bit proud at the statement. He was after all, personally selected as Colonnello's personal assistant due to his intuition was one of the best amongst the people Colonnello trained. This allows him to stay near Colonnello at all times to learn more from Colonnello. Although his intuition was not as heavenly defying as the students Reborn has train, or so he heard, but at the very least, he would not get a bullet to his head everytime Reborn decides to shoot at people for fun.

This may have been one of the reasons why Colonnello choose Zaire as his personal assistant. It would not do if Colonnello had to change assistant everytime Reborn visits after all.

Zaire honestly have no major complains. He could learn from the best, furthermore, his pay from Colonnello's parents is quite high due to having 'combat experience'.

"Ho..." Reborn mutters as he assess Zaire.

Abruptly, Reborn took out a gun and shot three times. Zaire heart jumped for a moment but his intuition told him to stay still. And as always, his intuition for this kind of life-threatening danger was on spot; Reborn had shot two bullets beside his head and one near his legs. If he had moved even a bit, he may as well go to meet his ancestors then and there.

"Hmm... Not bad." Reborn comments. "Your parents have good eyes." He teased.

Colonnello took out his own sniper rifle and took a shot at Reborn in annoyance.

When had his parents even choose his personal assistant!? He was the one who trained and pulled Zaire to be his personal assistant, okay!

___________________________

Zaire P.O.V.

Colonnello's parents decided two years ago, to hire Zaire on the grounds of Colonnello taking an interest in him, the fact that Colonnello wants to play with weapons and for the safety of their Colonnello when handling said weapons. Zaire had inwardly wondered why would the couple even think that he had anything to teach Colonnello when in fact Colonnello had taught him everything he knew before he even applied for the said job.

Then again, he would not dare to refute or reveal anything unless he wants a bullet to his head for real and not for fun.

There's apparently a difference between the two or at least, that's what Colonnello had kindly told Zaire when he was bored and wanted to talk. Colonnello casually explains that when Reborn shoots a bullet for fun, he expects to miss the person's head completely. Well, unless that person does not have enough skill to dodge those bullets. Then it would not be Reborn's fault but the person's inability. As for the fact that if Reborn wants to put a bullet to a person's head for real? Colonnello remarks after glancing at Zaire in disinterest, that even if Zaire had 100 or 1000 lives, he would die all 100 or 1000 times. There were no exceptions.

As Colonnello explains, Zaire silently wonders who in the right mind thinks that dodging bullets is a necessary skill in everyday interaction. Now he knows, everyone in this room has to have the basic skill of dodging bullets. Or at least has the basic skill of fending off bullets.

To be honest, Zaire feels that he was more well off than the other occupants of the room they call the 'common room', if he was being optimistic, seeing that Colonnello had to dodge almost insanely impossible bullets. For example, a bullet at point blank courtesy of Reborn.

For a moment there, Zaire doubts whether the people in the room were friends or enemies.

He was glad that Colonnello repeatedly reminds him on just worrying about his own safety instead of trying to be a hero, because the first time he went into the room, he was greeted by a bullet follow by the word 'ciao'. Colonnello on the other hand was greeted by multiple bullets.

It was then he knew why Colonnello was always repeatedly reminding him of not trying to be the hero and always allow Colonnello to walk in front when entering that room. Zaire was doubtful if he could even have a chance of survival if not for Colonnello attracting most of the bullets like a magnet.

Another thing he was glad of was that Colonnello had also emphasized that he should, at all times, ignore any 8 years old in a lab coat. Or any 8 year old in case Verde had decided to go without a lab coat that day.

Zaire had no idea why he was told to do so, until the said 8 years old threw an unknown liquid to the direction of Colonnello's head. Fortunately, or unfortunately in the case of the said 8 year old, the suspicious liquid had instead hit a newly bought ixora bush. The ixora bush then grew multiple flowers at a very rapid rate before shooting holes all over their common room with it's flower. It then proceeded to wilt and die.

After the whole fiasco ended in a few minutes, the people in the room continued to mind their own business as if a plant did not just become a bomb with flowers as it's shrapnel. Or that a green shield had appeared due to the 8 year old. Or that the said 8 year old wishes to kick all of them out of the shield he erected to save his apparatus and research items.

Yeah, just a normal day.

Next chapter is... The three arcobaleno's infiltration to Wakanda.

Word count: 1435 words.