Chapter 29: Playdates

Totally forgot to update this on my birthday. But anyway, Happy Belated Birthday to me!

Full title: Playdate of torrential rain for a weeping sky

Tsuna usually likes to steer clear of Squalo, even in his previous life. So, he definitely does not want to 'play' with Squalo, much less have a 'date' with the said shark.

Unfortunately, his parents had decided the 'date' that Squalo was going to have a 'playdate' with him, on the basis of celebrating Tsuna's 'first friend'. He really wanted to rebuke that, technically, Yuni was his first 'friend'.

So there he is, with Squalo (and surprisingly Yuni, who was dumped here the moment her parents had heard that Tsuna was having a playdate). A very scary, grinning Squalo.

"Voi." He started, voice eerily calm. "So, whish of you thouk that this-" He gestured to his little baby body that had the lethality of a plushie. "Was a goot idea?"

Tsuna and Yuni looked at each other as if to contemplate how to break the news to Squalo.

"Welk?" Squalo grouch as his immature voice box tries to pronounce words properly. "Are you fuckers goin' to spit it ouk or noth?"

Surprisingly, he had managed to say 'fuckers' perfectly.

Wait. That's not the point!

"... it's partially Byakuran's fault...?" Tsuna eventually replies, phrasing it more like a question than an answer.

"The other half may have been Tsuna's luck." Yuni happily chimes in schadenfreude.

Tsuna looked at Yuni in betrayal.

Yuni gave an innocent looking smile.

"I swear, you've been corrupted by Reborn." Tsuna says in the most deadpan tone that he could muster.

Yuni smiles even brighter.

_______________________________

Squalo absolutely hated being weak, not only in the aspect of strength, but also in terms of intelligence. But weakness is not an excuse. There are many ways to take advantage of that weakness. Humans tend to help and feel protective of the weak. That may not seem helpful in the future, but it is an advantage that he can manipulate right now. And Squalo will not be Varia quality if he can't stretch that advantage to the maximum. Just like what had happened in the kindergarten which he is attending. He doesn't like incompetence, and the teacher was not only incompetent at her job but was getting in his way too much for his liking.

But that does not mean that he feels a sense of power that comes with his young age. Oh no. He still absolutely loathes being a toddler.

On another not, he was about to devise a scheme to kick her all the way to timbuktu. So it's just great luck that the idiot decided to dig her own grave all on her own, without people instigating her to. All he did was give her an extra kick so that she could snugly fall in the grave she made. And fall, she did. Even did a head-dive at that. It was beautiful. Squalo does not want to verbally admit it, but he will silently acknowledge that the splendid head-dive was also due to the help on a certain sky.

Squalo would bet that she did not know what hit her. Their (his) efforts in kicking her out of the kindergarten should be savoured anonymously; with fine wine and soft classical music, and despite how the Varia acts, they are the best, so of course Squalo has class. Being in Italy's high society, a few vital skills have to be maintained. It is what separates those loose assasins with Varia, after all. Well, other than their impeccable assassination record.

The battle with the baby sky in front of him does not count.

The matter of how the sky was no longer a baby, was effectively ignored. It does not matter, the only matured sky in his eyes was Xanxus!!! Even Yuni was a naive sky in his eyes. As for Byakuran? That insane fucker of a sky will never be as good as a sky than his boss!

Anyway, as he was saying, a bottle of red wine from Xanxus' collection would be perfect in this occasion. If it was back at headquarters, Squalo would had stole the wine to celebrate quietly. Repercussions be damned! That damned boss of his can suck on it.

...worse case scenario, he'll buy his sky a new bottle.

And no, he is not growing soft. That damned boss of his is his sky. No matter how the other Varia members argue or attempt to kill each other, they will all still be under Xanxus' sky. And what his sky wants, he will get. A few screaming matches will be had, but his sky will get what he wants in the end. Squalo will use his life to make sure of it.

Skies and their elements have a certain 'I want to burn the town and the guardians will only bicker on what way in which the town will be burned', after all.

It may be crazy talk for other people, but that was how the mafia skies and their elements work in the mafia.

"Anyway, do ywoof" Squalo took a moment to pause as he frowned on his cursed mouth which had blew spit everywhere. And took a another moment to glare the the two skies who were trying to keep their laughter in check, but to no avail. That baby sky even had the gall to choke on his own saliva and Squalo vindictively hopes that he would choke to death.

But that was not possible now, was is? Not when he needs information urgently about his predicament, and he does not trust the unreadable Giglio Nero donna to give him that without omitting some facts. At least, with the baby sky, he could verify things from just his expression. Despite what Squalo says about Tsuna being an open book, he knows that the baby sky only allows his close-knit families to see his thoughts. Either conciously or subconsciously, Squalo does not know, nor does he care. But in the presence of outsiders, the baby sky is quite adapt at masking his thoughts. Not as well as Reborn (but that is to be expected since he didn't get his title as the strongest just due to his skill in the art of killing and espionage. And it also wasn't due to his wide array of weird cosplays that Squalo was definitely not going to touch even with a 10 foot pole). But Squalo had to admit that the wimp was hard to read when he wanted to be.

"Do yu kno where ish Xanxus?" He tries again and inwardly beams as he manages to say Xanxus' name in the correct pronunciation.

Tsuna and Yuni looked at each other as if conveying some kind of cryptic message through telepathy. Squalo magnanimously allowed them to do so.

Finally, they seemed to have reached some sort of agreement or have sort out some sort of possible minefield they may incite from Squalo. "We don't know where Xanxus is specifically..." Tsuna cautiously started. Despite knowing that Squalo could not take things too far in trying to kill him due to the hierarchy, that does not mean he would want things to spiral till attempted murder was on the table.

Still, attempted murder seems to appear on the table pretty frequently in the Vongola, despite his best effort. In fact, it seems to appear more often than incapacitation. But then again... the most his guardians could inflict on each other was a few bruising and dislodged joints. So attempted murder seems to not feel too serious at this point in time.

"You mean you know where he is, roughly." Squalo pointed out confidently.

Tsuna's eyes slowly trails back to Yuni.

Of which Yuni gave her best deadpan smile which speaks of certain death as well as a certain hitman.

Yeah, he'll handle this. He does not want to be tattled by Yuni for acting like a wimp again. Despite how Yuni looks, she is quite vicious. Perks of being a Donna for so long, he guess. Then again, he himself have changed from the wimp he previously was. Ahh... memories...

Word count: 1366 words