𝟸𝟷. [ 'ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀᴅs' ] ⛈️

╔═════════════════╗
Author's POV:
╚═════════════════╝

A flash of bright light disturbed you from your slumber, awaking you with a slight head ache.

The first thing you saw was snow. You were in a little cove with a portable stove being heated. Sizzling noises can be heard as well as the smell of beef.

You sat up from your sleeping position, gently removing the large black coat that covered your body.

"(Y/N)!" You hear someones voice just inside the cove with you. Facing the source, you were greeted by Diluc coming quickly to embrace you. "Do you have a death wish?!" The vibration of his muffled voice tickled your neck.

"that's my last wish, to be honest" You scoffed, simply amusing yourself.

"Do you know the chances of you dying in that blizzard? You need to stop doing reckless things even if that's your specialty" He holds you tighter, burying his face in your skin. "You idiot..." His voice softened.

Your cheeks flustered at his new manner, making you give in and gently rub his back. "Alright, alright. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry"

You smiled at the way he held you as if there was no tomorrow. His arms wrapped around your waist with no sign of letting go.

"I'm really sorry if I hurt you" You began in a lower and softer voice. "If I never let my parents decide my future, then we could've been happier"

"Does that mean you love me?" Diluc finally ends the hug to look at you face to face with his hands resting on both your shoulders.

"I feel like 'I love you' is too short to describe my feelings"

"I'll give you a chance to quote anything then"

You smile at his response, his expression is as patient as ever.

"And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you.

– The Chaos of stars, one of my favorites"

"Charming, what a hopeless romantic you are" Diluc commented. "Your turn Mr. Ketchup head" The said man softly chuckled when you gently boop his nose. He takes a moment to find the perfect romantic quote he memorized in books he has read.

"If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one"

"Ahh, The Mara Dyer Trilogy, I like this one" You nod in approvement. "This is enchanting and all but where the heck are we?"

The man then answers your question; "The hidden place in Dragonspine, or so the place everyone calls a fairytale"

You peeked outside and saw that the sun wasn't the only one shining. There was a field of flowers with liquid drops sticking on its lavender petals.

"no way.."

The legend called this the Weeping Nacht, for each night the moon shines upon it, the flowers cry. And in the morning, their tears stick on the petals and they say it can cure frostbites, or any sort of winter related injuries. But it can also be the final ingredient to complete a poisonous potion depending on the ingredients you mix in.