Chapter 5: My Job

A/n:Let me know if you guys like major time skips or not or if you'd like me to out some chapters based around Y/n being in middle school.I love reading comments.Bye guys.

Nat groaned as she flicked through some S.H.E.I.L.D files.She had been trying to figure out what they did with the Tesseract after Loki attacked.Since Loki invaded New York, he had been locked up in the cells below the compound.

Meanwhile, Y/n scribbled some words onto her Homework sheet.At the moment she was working on maths.She would always work the same time Nat worked.It made her feel like a big girl to work alongside her mom.Even if she's only doing sums like 2+2.

Y/n rubbed her forehead looking at the numbers on the page.It's like not matter how hard she tried, she would never understand maths.It was one of the tough subjects.

Nat would chuckle hearing Y/n sigh every time she got stuck on a question.You'd think living with two genius's would make her smarter but no.She always said she would figure it out by herself.In the end, she needed the help but would never ask for it.

Nat heard a loud bang noise and furrowed her eyebrows, looking up from her work.She looked at the door."Y/n?"

"Yeah?"Y/n yelled back.

"You okay?"Nat asked.

"Yep.All good."Y/n replied.

"Oh alright."Nat laughed going back to her work.She looked back up and sighed."Hey Y/n, come here for a minute."

Little footsteps were heard running to her office.Y/n's head peeped in the door as Nat smiled.She motioned for Y/n to come towards her.Y/n walked over and sat down on the seat beside her.

"Y/n, there's something I need to talk to you about."Nat said putting the papers back down on the desk.

"What is it?"Y/n asked leaning her head on her arms that lay crossed on the edge of the table.

"I have to go away.Just for a little bit."

Y/n looked sadly at her mom.No matter how many times Nat would leave for a mission, Y/n never got used to the fact that her mom would have to leave for a long time.The longest time being a month.

"Oh don't be like that Y/n.I can't leave when your sad."Nat squished her cheeks.Y/n giggled which made Nat smile again.

"You'll stay here with Maria as usual.You behave and not cause trouble for her.Okay?"Nat warned.Y/n nodded.Her Mom was particularly scary when she was mad.The Avengers knew not to get on her bad side.

"Only for a few days?Alright."Y/n nodded, upset at her mom leaving but knowing that she has to go.Being thirteen years old now, Y/n learned many ways of taking care of herself.She could cook once she had grown tall enough to reach the countertop.She could draw, paint, sketch and make things out of metal with the help of her uncle Tony.She even learned how to help someone who's been hurt in battle.Nat would come back with cuts on her face and even though Nat said they were little cuts, Y/n insisted she help Nat.

"Do you have to though?"

"Y/n-

"No but your always leaving.You always leave.Why cant Steve leave or Uncle Tony or even Uncle Bruce.Why is it always you!"Y/n said starting to yell.Natasha's face softened.

"I promise it will only be a few days-

"NO.WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT PROMISES.YOU NEVER KEEP YOUR PROMISES.ITS ALWAYS YOU LEAVING AND COMING BACK HURT.YOU PROMISE TO BE BACK IN A FEW DAYS BUT YOU NEVER DO.MARIA TELLS ME YOU'LL COME BACK BUT YOU ALWAYS LEAVE FOR LONGER THEN YOU PROMISED."Y/n yelled as tears brimmed her eyes.Nat looked stunned at her outburst.