Chapter 10:Cant tell

Y/n sat up in her bed, her text books open on the pages she was to study. Her phone buzzed as she tricked it up.All messages from Peter.

Peter:Hey Y/n I need the maths homework.

She rolled her eyes opening the messages.

Y/n:Your kidding right?

Peter:Please.

Y/n:Peter this is the fifth time this week!

Peter:Please Y/n.I've just been really busy with Spiderman stuff.

Y/n:Fine.

Peter:Thankyou.

Y/n sighed reaching over to grab her math text book.Taking a picture of her homework and sending it to Peter.She threw her phone on the bed beside her and rubbed her forehead.Eveything was getting a bit too much this week with exams and the tension between Tony and Steve.

What's worse is that she doesn't know if she can even trust her own mother anymore.

She sat up off the bed and stretched as little.Her head felt a little dizzy but she just pushed that though aside and blamed it on a low iron deficiency.

As she began walking to her wardrobe, her door opened.Nat peeping her head in.

"Y/n."

Y/n rolled her eyes and went back to looking for her night clothes.Nat sighed and opened the door so she could slip in.

"Y/n, we need to talk."

"I know we do."Y/n said not looking her way.

"Y/n sit please."Nat said.Y/n looked over at her mother's pleading eyes then nodded.Nat smiled as Y/n sat beside her.Both sitting in silence until Nat spoke.

"Y/n, you have to know that the secret I'm keeping from you is to keep you safe."She said as Y/n scoffed.

"It's for my safety?"Y/n asked."But what is it?"

"I can't tell you."Nat looked down.Y/n shook her head, tears built up in her eyes.

"Y/n, one day you will know the truth.But not now.Too much is at stake at the moment.With Steve and Tony and the Acords.I can't have you worrying too."Natasha said softly.

"Is it that bad?"Y/n asked.

"No.Not bad but not right to say at this moment in time."

Y/n nodded looking down at her hands.Natasha ruched over and pulled Y/n into a hug.She could hear Y/n sniffle in her shoulder.

"I'm sorry sweetheart.I'm so sorry."

"Thankyou mom."Y/n pulled away."I'm sorry for pushing it and talking like that to everyone downstairs."

"It's alright Y/n."Natasha said.A brief silence was held until Nat stood up.She out a hand on Y/n's shoulders.

"I love you Birdie."

"I love you mom."Y/n smiled.

Once Nat left, Y/n fell back on the bed.She thought of what would happen if she did push her mom to telling the secret.But them remembered what her mother has been through and recoiled.

_____________

Later that day, Steve attended a funeral for his wife Peggy.Her niece Sharon was there giving a speech for her aunt then leaving soon after.

Later, Steve stands alone in the isle, still dressed in black. Being the last one left, he thinks about everything that happens. Natasha sees him and walks up informs of him.