*15*

CAFETERIA - MORNING

Breakfast. Hyunjin watches Y/n eat.

"This is so good. I'm starving," Y/n as she smiles at him. "Last night was just what I needed," Y/n says thinking back to the moment she shared with Hyunjin, true bliss.

"You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. You're so beautiful it hurts me," Hyunjin says Y/n stares, shocked. Leans across the table and kisses him. Soon they're making out right on top of breakfast. A passing robot pauses to observe the scene - then moves on.

--

Hyunjin and Y/n make out fiercely in the movie theatre while a movie plays onscreen.

--

Y/n straddles Hyunjin in a jacuzzi in the ship's Spa. She moves against him: she's close. She climaxes gorgeously.

--

Hyunjin stands on a promenade. Y/n passes, jogging. He gives her a smile as she goes by. A moment later she run back into frame and tackles him. They tumble to the deck.

BERLIN SUITE

Hyunjin and Y/n lie in Hyunjin's imperial bed, glistening with sweat and breathing hard. She lays her head on his shoulder, her eyes far away and wistful.

"You okay" Hyunjin questions top her, playing with strands of Y/n's hair.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just," she waves her hand in the air as if to signify, all of this.

"I know," Hyunjin responds, Y/n snuggles in tighter, and he holds her closer.

STARSHIP Avalon - BERLIN SUITE WINDOW

Through the window, Hyunjin and Y/n lie together in the luxurious bed. The window dwindling, as the Avalon soars away from us into the stars.

THREE MONTHS LATER

ELITE DECK - CORRIDOR - MORNING

A luxury cabin door: the doorplate reads "Vienna Suite."

VIENNA SUITE - BEDROOM

The best suite on the ship. On one side of the bedroom, Y/n's mementos, and possessions. On the other side, Hyunjin's. They wake together. She kisses him on the cheek with the ease of long habit and heads for the shower. He watches her go.

SWIMMING POOL - MORNING

Swimming, Y/n reaches the end of a lap. A hand reaches down and catches her before she can turn. Hyunjin kneels at the edge of the pool, in coveralls and work boots, a tool belt slung over his shoulder. Y/n pulls herself up and kisses him.

"I'm going to finish my survey of the cargo hold. See what there is to play with," Hyunjin smiles.

"Be careful," Y/n pleads

"Back by happy hour," Hyunjin says in the reassuring tone with his famous smile that Y/n can't get enough of.

FORWARD OBSERVATION DECK - DAY

Y/n writes on her sofa, surrounded by electronic slates, each displaying a reference book or research paper. On one, a map of the Polynesian archipelago. "The Polynesians set out into the Pacific Ocean with no destination. Searching for islands. They sailed into the endless sea on faith. Some never returned, but others found land, and prospered. What drove them out onto the sea? Curiosity? Tradition? The wish for something better? The urge to move is as primal as hunger or thirst. We run, we drive, we sail, we fly"

SUBDECK A - NUMBER EIGHT CARGO HOLD - DAY

Hyunjin walks among the towering cargo racks. His flashlight illuminates machines stacked from floor to ceiling: tractors and combines, helicopters and seaplanes. Hyunjin opens cargo containers. He finds ingots of metal computer components, spools of superconducting wire. Raw materials for a young world. Hyunjin finds a stash of utility golf carts and his eyes light up. He unpacks one, starts it up. Drives off into the dark.

GRAND CONCOURSE - CONCOURSE BAR – DAY

Y/n sits at the bar with her slate, sipping a drink." Is it movement that we need? Or the possibility of something new?" Y/n says, her words appearing the screen as she says them.

"What's that?" Felix asks

"I'm writing, Felix. Hush," Y/n chuckles to her robotic friend. Y/n's slate has recorded this exchange: she erases the extra words with her fingertip.

SUBDECK A - NUMBER SEVEN CARGO BAY

Hyunjin drives his cart into a new bay - and stares in wonder. In oversized hibernation pods: cattle, horses, sheep, oxen. All asleep. Chickens, ducks, and geese in individual cells.

Like seeds, we carry what we need.

The wind drives us - whether the

trade winds, the solar winds, or the

winds of chance.

The next aisle holds plants in stasis: saplings in tubes, seedlings in individual vials. Hyunjin stops in front of a glass case. Rosy light bathes his face. He smiles.

We take root where we fall. And

helplessly we grow.

VIENNA SUITE - BEDROOM - EVENING

Y/n sits with her slate. Eyeing Hyunjin's side of the room. Giving in, she begins to explore Hyunjin's possessions: poking into the drawers of his nightstand and dresser. She opens his closet. Shifting things, she finds a dog-eared manual on hibernation pods. She pulls it out. There's a bookmark in the pages. She goes to open the book - and the bookmark slides into her hand. It's the photo strip Hyunjin took during his isolation: Four identical shots of his face, bearded and hollow-eyed. The melancholy images hit her hard. She touches the pictures to make them move but Hyunjin sits immobile. In the fourth image, he sighs heavily. Y/n hears voices in the hall.

A cleaning robot. "Hello, Passenger,"

"Hello, robot," Hyunjin calls, although he cannot be seen my Y/n. Hastily Y/n replaces the manual. Closes the closet. Hyunjin appears in the doorway: tool belt over his shoulder, duffel bag in hand.

Hi," Y/n says.

"Hi. How was your day?" Hyunjin asked.

"I don't know. I wrote a few pages. I'm not sure what I'm doing anymore. I was writing a book, and I was keeping a diary. But the book and the diary are running together. I think I'm writing about us," Y/n smiled gracefully walking down a set of stairs in the room.

"Makes sense to me," Hyunjin smiled.

"I'm not sure I want to write about this life. I don't even know how to think about it. I live in a palace. But it's also a prison. I'm moving at half the speed of light, and I can't go anywhere!" Y/n exclaims. Hyunjin takes that in.

"The cargo hold is full of pioneer gear. There's a submarine down there, can you believe it? Ships and airplanes and bulldozers. That's what I wanted; a world still being built. But I'll never see it," Hyunjin sighs. Both Hyunjin and Y/n sit for a moment in glum contemplation.

"Did you find anything that could help us?" Y/n questions.

Hyunjin face lights up and a smile form on his face. "Yes. I found these," Hyunjin unzips his duffel bag and takes out a bouquet of long- stemmed roses. Y/n eyes lights up and she lets put a gasp. Reaches out to touch them.

"Are they real?" Y/n asks, still in complete shock at what Hyunjin is holding before her very eyes.

"I cut them myself," Hyunjin beams. Y/n leaps into action. She finds scissors, a pitcher. At the sink she trims the stems, arranges the flowers.