*19*

GRAND  CONCOURSE - CONCOURSE BAR - DAY

Hyunjin, in work clothes and tool belt, drops by the bar. He's as dirty as a coal miner but he looks happy.

"Hello, Hyunjin. Whiskey?" Felix asks.

"Iced tea," Hyunjin corrects withs a smile sitting on the bar stool.

"Coming up. Are you getting my barstool dirty?" Felix questions with a smirk.

"Got to get dirty to get things done, Felix. If your hands are too clean, it means you're not making anything,' Hyunjin smiles sipping his iced tea.

"And what are you making?" Felix asks.

"Improvements,".

ELITE DECK - ELITE PROMENADE - EVENING

Y/n strolls listlessly. Glances over the railing at the Grand Concourse below - and gasps. She runs for the elevator.

GRAND CONCOURSE

Y/n walks wonderingly up to a garden on the Concourse: a ten-foot oak tree surrounded by flowerbeds and green grass.

ELITE DECK - FORWARD OBSERVATION DECK

Hyunjin walks through Y/n's informal art gallery. She has abandoned starscapes in favour of self-portraiture. The painted faces ever more tragic. The last one is a field of white. Y/n fading away.

INFIRMARY - GENETIC BANK - DAY

Wisps of cold mist roll off the metal capsules. Y/n browses the rotating racks, reading names. With a start she comes across her own name. Y/N Y/L/N, she punches buttons. The racks rotate, shedding flakes of frost. She finds what she's looking for. HYUNJIN HWANG. She looks at the metal cartridge for a long moment. Then she slaps a switch, and the genetic bank closes on itself.

GRAND CONCOURSE - LOUNGE

Hyunjin sits reading an electronic slate. He looks up to find Y/n standing over him.

"I need you," Y/n says. That was the last thing Hyunjin expected to hear." I mean, I need a repairman.\," Y/n corrects herself. Hyunjin's face falls.

Y/N'S CABIN

Hyunjin opens the door. Inside is chaos: the lights throb. Static sizzles on video screens. Speakers blare noise. The blinds jerk and flap. The adjustable bed convulses like a monster.

"Wow. You do need a repairman,"

Y/N'S CABIN - LATER

A dark room. In the light of a utility lamp, Hyunjin re-attaches a control panel to the cabin wall. Y/n watches standing awakened.

"The control unit burned out. I took the one from the cabin next door," He throws a switch. The lights come on. Back to normal. "All better," Hyunjin smiles. Y/n gives him a brittle smile in return and sits on the bed. "So how are you doing? You all, right?" Hyunjin asks.

"I'm fine, Hyunjin. Thanks for your work," Y/n says. She sits immobile, frosty. After a moment Hyunjin walks out.

GRAND CONCOURSE

Hyunjin passes a cleaning robot stuck in a corner. He frees the robot: it plows right back into the corner. Another robot zooms in - and gets stuck beside the first one. Hyunjin studies the robots thoughtfully.

SUBDECK C - MACHINE SHOP - DAY

Hyunjin tinkers with a malfunctioning robot. A squawk of static comes over the P.A. system. Hyunjin looks up, listening.

FORWARD OBSERVATION DECK

Y/n sits with her digital slate in her lap. She too is looking up, listening.

The voice over the intercom speakers. "Hello! Anybody there?" Y/n bolts to her feet, wide-eyed.

SUBDECK C - MACHINE SHOP

Hyunjin has vanished - the robot still rocking on the workbench.

DECK ONE - HIBERNATION BAY

Hyunjin sprints down the hallway, eyes searching left and right. "This is Deck Chief Christopher Bang," The intercom speaks again. Hyunjin skids to a stop, astonished: the door to the Crew Hibernation Facility stands open.

The intercom sounds again," Who the hell planted a tree on my ship?" The Grand Concourse! Hyunjin spins and runs back the other way.

GRAND CONCOURSE

Christopher Bang stands at a deck steward's station, intercom mic in hand. He looks a few years older than Hyunjin, wearing a crewman's coverall. Haggard and weary. He stares in consternation at the garden in the middle of the Concourse.

Running footsteps echo throughout the ship. Hyunjin and Y/n race into the Concourse from opposite directions. They see Christopher and stop, astonished.

Pointing to the tree Christopher asks, "Who did this?" Hyunjin raises a hand sheepishly. Chris shakes his head. "I can't even talk about that now. Who are you?"

"Hyunjin Hwang. Rate-two mechanic," Hyunjin says.

"Mechanic, huh?" Chris says. Chris turns his attention to Y/n "And who are you?"

"Y/n. Y/n Y/l/n,"

"Christopher Bang, Senior Deck Chief. You can call me Chan, Nice to meet you," Chan looks at the tree again. "How long have you been awake?" Chan questions.

"A year," Y/n says.

"Two years," Hyunjin says.

"This is not good," Chan frowns

CAFETERIA

Hyunjin, Y/n, and Chan sit around a table. Chan leans heavily on his elbows, sipping from a mug.

"I always get a hibernation hangover, but this is the worst ever," Chan says before taking a drink. "So, it's just the two of you?"

"Yeah," Hyunjin says fiddling with his fingers.

"Two years. Ouch," Chans looks Hyunjin is the eyes. "You know what it means, right? There's no way back into hibernation," Chan sighs.

"I was hoping you'd know something we didn't," Y/n says hanging her head.

"No. We're awake for the duration. How far along are we? You know?" Chan questions.

"Thirty-two years. Eighty-eight years to go," Hyunjin says. Chan lets out a long sigh, running his fingers through his hair.

"That's tough, Hibernation failure! They said it couldn't happen. And now three on one trip," Chan says. Y/n shoots Hyunjin a look. Chan doesn't notice." Well, let's see what we can do,".

COMMAND DECK

Chan leads Hyunjin and Y/n to the Bridge's armoured hatch. He swipes his crew card, and the door opens.

"You have no idea how long I've been trying to get in here," Hyunjin lightly chuckles.

"Now you're in. Don't touch anything," Chan says. 

Look at the Stars - Hyunjin x FEM Reader [✔️]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें