Chapter 3

Chapter Three

School was thankfully canceled for the rest of the day, and Marinette decided to go home to work on some designs. She was really excited about her first official collection she had coming out. She'd never held a particular interest to  fame or anything like that, but ever since she had started her fashion website under her persona MDC, she'd gained a lot of attention internationally. Many of her designs had reached several A-list celebrities such as Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, Jagged Stone, Clara Nightingale.

Since no one really knew who MDC was, people were  interested in her. The same applied to  the singer Nettie, who was also Marinette.  Singing was one of the few things she did for fun nowadays, what with all her responsibilities as her Ladybug persona. It all happened very fast. She uploaded a youtube video of herself singing, masked of course, and it blew up. Marinette immediately signed a record deal, and that was that. 

Speaking of which, she had a big concert coming up as Nettie, where she would be performing live.  Better not to think about that.  She decided to remain masked as both MDC and Nettie when she started, not wanting to deal with press and paparazzi.

Not only were her parents completely oblivious to her daughter's success, she didn;t plan on telling them any time soon. She was already saving money for colledge, and as they say, the more people who know a secret, the more people who can tell a secret.

"-inette, Marinette, MARINETTE" Tikki said loudly.

Marinette jumped so high she fell out of the swivel chair she was sleeping on. She glanced around her surroundings, and was about to call on her transformation  when a blur of red and black caught her eye.

"Sorry" Tikki said sheepishly, "I just couldn't seem to grab your attention any other way."

Marinette laughed.

"Don't worry about it Tikki, what was it you were trying to tell me?"

After playing with Tikki for a while, Marinette realized she had fallen asleep when she was working on her new spring collection. She grabbed her phone and decided to finish it once and for all!

MDC @fashion_lover:

Hi guys!! I'm super excited to announce my brand new spring collection. It will be in stores April 21st, with a range of all colours.

Her thumb hovered over the post button. It made contact with the screen. MDC was trending again.