Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Chloe's POV

"Dupain-Cheng? What are you doing here?" Chloe asked.

" This is Ridiculous, utterly-" Chloe faltered when she saw that Marinette looked like she was about to faint.

Marinette slumped forward and would have fallen and hit her head, if not for Chloe catching her.

The blonde grabbed Marinette and took her back to her hotel room.

Marinette let out a loud snore and Chloe sighed in relief. She was breathing.

"Jean!" She called, waking up the unsuspecting butler from his sleep," get me a glass of water please."

Jean grudgingly woke up to comply with her request.

"Of course, Mademoiselle." He said.

Chloe looked at Marinette. She looked malnourished, tired, and just worn out.

Questions began to spin in Chloe's mind. What was she doing here? At 5AM in the morning? Why wasn't she at her house? Chloe put a hand to the bluenette's forehead to find out that instead of burning up, she was freezing.

"Here, Mademoiselle." Jean had returned from the kitchen with a glass of water.

"Thanks." Chloe accepted the water graciously and began to drink some, looking anxiously at the tired girl.

Marinette was beginning to stir.

"W-what?" She asked groggily, completely confused.

A face swam in and out of her vision.

"Ch-Chloe?" She asked.

"Are you okay?" Chloe asked worriedly.

Marinette thought she was hallucinating.

Chloe Bourgeois, being nice?

"What am I doing here? Is this another nightmare?" She wondered.

"Of course it's not a nightmare, I'm literally standing right next to you." Chloe responded irritably.

"You fainted in the elevator and I brought you here.'' She explained.

Marinette's eyes widened in shock

At that moment, Jean appeared with two platters of food.

"One for you, Mademoiselle, and Miss Dupain-Cheng?" He asked.

"Thank you, Jean, now leave us alone for a few minutes." She said.

She saw Marinette eyeing the platter of food rather apprehensively, and wondered when she last ate.

"You know the other one is for you, right?" Chloe said, amused at the expression on the bluenette's face.

"I'm not hungry." It was at that moment, Marinette's stomach growled, betraying her.

Chloe scowled.

"Eat." She said seriously.

She handed her a platter of various fruits and cheeses, Chloe's personal favorite.

The two ate side by side in comfortable silence for a while.

"So..." Chloe started," Are you going to tell me what's going on and why are you're here? And why, no offense, you look terrible?" She inquired.

Marinette began to visibly panic, and it must have showed on her face, because Chloe's expression softened.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." She said softly.

Marinette smiled in thanks. Her face muscles hurt, she hadn't made that expression in a while. She glanced at the clock on the dresser.

6AM.

She then glanced back at Chloe. It seemed as if she was contemplating something.

"Look, I really just want to say I'm sorry. For trying to blackmail you out of the class president thing, and for just being a jerk for a while. Do you forgive me?" The blonde said.

"Did I just hear what I think I heard? Chloe Bourgeois? Apologizing?" Marinette said in shock.

"Don't get used to it." She snapped.

She giggled at the swift reaction she had been greeted with.

"I forgive you Chloe." Marinette said sincerely.

Chloe brightened.

" I know that this is only the first step, but do you ever see yourself considering us as friends?" She asked tentatively.

"We are friends."

Marinette smiled warmly and the two exchanged a hug.

"If you're not going to tell me why you are here, at least tell me this. Why were you up so early?" She said, genuinely curious.

"Wanted to get some fresh air,I guess." Marinette shrugged.

"Well, since we are officially friends, we need to celebrate by wearing matching outfits!" She announced, her eyes sparkling more and more as she talked.

Marinette laughed.

"Okay, but I get to choose the outfit." She said, laughing at the pout on Chloe's face.

They both decided on a white skirt, paired with a periwinkle crop top. They decided on wearing their hair down, and would wear black ankle boots and sky blue headbands studded with diamonds.

"It looks perfect. Let me go upstairs and grab my things, and I'll fill you in on what's been happening with the class recently." Marinette said, her eyes losing some of the glimmer that they contained before.

"Ooh! I'll come!" Chloe volunteered.

"Okaay, let's go!" They opened the door and walked out to the elevator.

When they walked back down to Chloe's room, Marinette decided she had better tell Chloe everything that had happened, excluding a few minor details, like her being kicked out.

"I don't know how to tell you this, so I'm going to just say it. '' Marinette enjoyed leaving Chloe on edge, as she found it quite humorous.

"Lila's back."

Y'all I am so sorry. I did not update like I said I was going to. I know that there is no excuse, and I'm rlly sorry to those of you who were waiting for an update. I'll try to keep my self more organized in the future. IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS XD!!!! Really excited, even though there is a slim chance of snow where I live. What about you guys? I've been really lazy over the break, so I'm trying to be a bit more productive now. I CANT BELIVE WE ARE #62 IN MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!!! That is so awesome, and amazing. Tysm to all of you who read, vote, and comment.

AS always, feel free to comment suggestions, corrections or anything else in the comments, or private message me.

'