Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ladybug swung her yo-yo and met Chat Noir in their usual meetup place. Chat Noir was fidgeting uncomfortably, clearly nervous from what happened during their last encounter.

"M'lady, I-" Ladybug cut him off.

"You go that way, I'll go this way." She said coldly.

She didn't even look at him as she flew off. Ladybug was in no mood to hear his sniveling apologies. The superheroes patrolled for 15 minutes separately, going around Paris checking to see if everything was alright.

"Ladybug, I just wanted to say I'm really sor-" Ladybug turned away and ignored him, before remembering she had something to tell him.

"I don't want to hear your apologies, especially when you don't mean them." She gave Chat Noir a hard look.

"Also, what's this I hear about you telling a girl to keep quiet about bullying?" The spotted heroine asked.

Crap. He didn't know that Marinette was going to tell Ladybug about him. Ladybug became more and more furious as the seconds passed. A heated silence fell, but not before it was broken by Ladybug.

"What, you didn't think she was going to tell me?" She asked in disbelief.

"I-it's not that it's just that-" She silenced him with one hand.

"Bullying is something very serious, and when I talked to Marinette, she seemed very distraught. She also told me that you referred to another girl threatening her as petty school drama." Ladybug said, looking him in the eyes with a hard stare.

Chat Noir was becoming increasingly more and more uncomfortable. It's not like I did anything wrong, so why is Ladybug so mad, he wondered. His confusion must have shown on his face, because he saw Ladybug's eyes soften.

"Chat Noir, your Miraculous is very powerful. Like I said earlier, as guardian of the Miraculous, I cannot allow just anyone to wield it. We are only supposed to interact with civilians when necessary.If Hawk Moth knew that you were visiting her, can you imagine the type of danger it would put her in?! Don't ever visit Marinette Dupain-Cheng again." She said, with an edge heard clearly in her voice. He heard the warning.

"M'lady, I was just trying to prevent akumatizations from happening." He said desperately.

Her blood started to boil.

"We are heroes. That's our job. We can't tell innocent civilians to take abuse just because you want to get more sleep!" She yelled.

"You really don't get it, do you?" She sneered.

She threw her yo-yo and left, leaving a very angry and confused Chat Noir behind.

Marinette woke up 2 hours before school started, courtesy of Tikki, since she no longer had her alarm clock. She smiled and looked around for her alarm clock, only to remember the events from the day before. Her smile quickly disappeared. Tikki was watching this sudden change and sighed sadly. Her chosen was strong. She would get through this, with Tikki by her side every step of the way.

The bluenette got ready with surprising haste. She took a shower, then resumed working on a commission from her latest client.

"It looks beautiful, Marinette!" Tikki exclaimed.

The fashion designer smiled. She was very ecstatic as to how this turned out. She was unsure of the project at first, but was pleasantly surprised as she kept working on it. She looked at the time. School started in 30 minutes. She had to get there early, so no one knew that she wasn't living at home anymore. SHe grabbed her purse, and stared at her outfit in the mirror. She had decided to go for a more casual outfit. Her hair was in a high ponytail, and she had applied light makeup after her shower.

She was wearing a black leggings that had a pink figure eights on them, with an oversized hoodie. She opened her purse, and Tikki flew in. She checked the time. 20 minutes. She took the long route to school to avoid being seen by anyone, and it worked. She opened the door to the classroom, and walked in silently.

"What, no greeting?" Kim asked snidely.

"No." She responded simply.

Adrien's POV

Adrien stared at her, before refocusing his gaze on the door. Marinette should've greeted all of us when she walked in, He thought. He smiled at her, and received a cold stare, along with an eye roll in response. Things were weird today. Maybe she was just having a bad day, He thought. 

Marinette's POV

After Adrien smiled at her, she gave him a cold stare and rolled her eyes.

Since she had moved to the back of the class, she wasn't sitting by anyone, which, in a way, was a blessing in disguise.

Marinette took her seat and checked her phone. 5 minutes till class started. She could do this. She heard the door open, and Alya and Lila walked in and took their seats, but not before Alya shot Marinette a nasty glare. Marinette ignored it. The rest of the class began to pile in within the next few seconds.

Mme. Bustier's POV

Mme. Bustier walked in and raised her eyebrows, Marinette was never on time.

I guess there's a first time for everything, Mme. Bustier thought. As the last of the class arrived, she greeted each one of them, expecting Marinette to do the same. To her shock, Marinette didn't even acknowledge their presence, only continued on her phone until the class started, which seemed to get a few of them aggravated. The bell rang. It was time to start class.

Hey guys! thank you sm for reading. I CANT BELIEVE WE ARE AT 696 READS OMG! I never thoght that I would get past 40! 

I'm thinking about making an update schedule, maybe 2 or three times a day, I'm not rlly sure. Or, if you guys want longer chapters, I can update twice a week with much longer chapters. If you want shorter chapters, then I'll update at least 3 times a day. Lemme  know what you guys think in the comments!  I really love hearing from you guys. Feel free to comment suggestion, corrections, and random statements or memes lmao. 

Thank you sm to those of you who voted my chapters! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my story!  Gotta start on the next chapter. I will try to see if I can update again today,

Bye for now,

M