Chapter 25

Some might find this chapter triggering toward the end. I would like to go ahead and insert a trigger warning for the end of this chapter. If you are uncomfortable with topics such as anxiety and panic attacks, please do not read.  I will insert a trigger warning at the exact moment, but please, please,please, if you think it might be triggering, do not read.

Chapter 25

Marinette felt herself internally panic. She had forgotten all about the class' tickets.

She took a deep breath and calmed down. She was Ladybug. She could handle peers her age.

"Oh my goodness, it's Nettie!" Alya shrieked. She nudged Adrien's shoulder and pointed in her direction.

"Hello." Marinette said, politely but stiffly.

"Do you think I could get an interview?" Alya asked, cutting straight to the chase.

"I'm sorry, but no, since my identity is anonymous, an interview might give that away." Nettie said, trying to sound apologetic.

Alya huffed. She couldn't believe she was being refused an interview. Guess she would have to settle for Ladybug.

She quickly said goodbye, anxious to remove herself from the situation.

Another hour went by as she greeted more fans backstage. She couldn't believe that she was actually doing this.

After the performance ended, she checked twitter and saw that she was trending Number one in almost all tags related to singing. She couldn't believe her eyes.

"What's wrong Marinette?" TIkki asked, popping a small cookie in her mouth.

"Tikki, look at this!" At her request, Tikki zoomed over to look at the glowing screen.

"Wow, Marinette you're trending in all the singing hashtags!" Tikki exclaimed.

She looked at the time. It was 9pm.

She closed the twitter app and opened messages.

Marinette:Hey, are you up?

Luka Couffaine: Yeah what's up?

Marinette: Do you wanna get Andre's Icecream in like 30 minutes before it closes?

Luka:Sure. Do you wanna meet by the bridge and go together?

Marinette: Okay, I'll see you there.

Marinette felt her stomach twist at the prospect of seeing Luka. She checked the time and saw that she had 20 minutes until it was time to meet him by the bridge. Marinette estimated that it would take her around 10 minutes to walk there, so she had about 10 minutes to get ready.

SInce they were only going for ice cream, she decided on wearing the hoodie Luka had given her with a black skirt and black leggings. After changing , she looked at the clock and saw that she had three minutes left.

Might as well start heading over there.

As the fashion designer walked through the streets of Paris, her eye caught a familiar bridge. She made her way over to the bridge carefully.

Marinette unlocked her phone and texted Luka.

Marinette:I'm here

She scrolled through her instagram feed while she was waiting.

A presence snuck up on her and said,"Boo!"

Marinette shrieked, and would have fallen backwards if not for a black haired boy.