Chapter 6

Chapter Six

"Luka?"

"Hello? Marinette, are you there?"

"I'm here."

"Are you ok?"

"Not really"

Stupid me, why did I call him? Now I'm just going to make him worry even more. I'm so dumb why did I-

"You're not dumb, Marinette. Or stupid. And why would I worry? Is everything all right?" said Luka. Marinette could almost hear his frown.

Please tell me I didn't say thought aloud-

"You said that out loud too," said Luka with a chuckle.

There was an awkward pause on the line.

"So, why did you call?"

Silence.

"Marinette?"

"Y-yeah, I guess I just wanted someone to talk to, who actually believes me..." Marinette trailed off.

"Believes you about what?"

"Would you and Kagami like to go to Deauville Beach with me?" Marinette blurted out. She inwardly kicked herself.

"Sure! Have you asked Kagami yet?"

"No, not yet."

"Oh. Ok well, what time should I come over?"

"Give me about 30 minutes."

"Ok, I'll be there soon!"

"Bye!"

She hung up, "Oh no Tikki, what did I get myself into?" Marinette sighed.

"You'll be fine Marinette, it's just a hangout with two friends. Also, don't you need to ask Kagami and see if she can go?" Tikki asked.

"You're right, Tikki, let me call her now."

She dialed Kagami's number, and was surprised to hear her mother on the other side of the line.

"Hello. Who are you, and why are you talking to my daughter?"

"It's me, Marinette, I'm a friend of Kagami's." she whispered.

"Marinette, as in Marinette Dupain-Cheng?" The intimidating woman asked.

"Yes. I was calling to ask if Kagami wanted to come to the beach with me and another friend," said Marinette.

"Well, her grades are good, and so is her fencing.... I see no reason why Kagami shouldn't go, so I suppose she will be able to attend this social gathering." The woman spoke stiffly.

"I assume you'll pick her up?'' She asked.

"Yes." Marinette responded.

She was in awe. Kagami's mom was going to let her go?

"What time?"

"In about 30 minutes.'' Marinette responded.

She continued before Kagami's mother could ask," And she'll be back before 9:30."

"Alright then, Ms. Dupain-Cheng, I will see you in exactly twenty-eight minutes and 54 seconds." Said Kagami's mother.

She hung up.

"Oh no, Tikki, what am I going to wear?"

After a long debate between the two, both of them decided on a sea green two-piece with floral designs. Marinette tried it on, and they instantly fell in love with it.

She heard the doorbell ring. "Hide, Tikki! It must be Luka!" Marinette whisper-shouted.

"Marinette, would you please come down here? Luka's here." Her mom and dad exchanged a knowing smirk as they heard multiple loud thuds come from their daughter's room, seconds after being informed of this.

Marinette tripped down the stairs, and would've broken something if not for Luka, who caught her. She blushed when Luka looked into her eyes worriedly. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Ok, well, you ready?" he asked.

"Yup! But first, we have to pick up Kagami."

"Alright. "

"Bye, Mom, Bye Dad! See you later." Marinette called, as she walked out the door with Luka.

Notes:

My fingers are so tired, but they're not done yet, one or two more updates for today! I'll see if I can update a bit more than I did yesterday. I can't believe my story has 132 READS! I'm really starting to invest in this story more, and I like the way it's turning out. Please comment suggestions for future fanfics or just questions you have for me. Gotta start working on chapter 7!!

-M