Chapter 26

Flashback Luka's POV

Luka had gone to use the restroom after the movie, insisting on walking Marinette out. He had originally planned on driving her home, but she had insisted otherwise. When he had come back from the restroom, he saw Marinette.

Marinette was pacing back and forth and looked very pale.

"Marinette? Hello?" He called, walking down to the area she was in.

When she looked at him, her face paled and she started shaking and hyperventilating.

"Marinette, I need you to try and breathe for me. Okay?" He had told her, trying to calm the shaking girl.

She slowly nodded and he felt her calm down. Then, out of nowhere her eyes widened and she fainted into his arms.

Luka immediately rushed to the car, holding the passed-out girl in his arms gently.

"What's her parent's phone number? I swear, I had it." Luka continued searching through her phone contacts.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." A high-pitched voice squealed.

"Who's there?" Luka asked, looking around.

"Look down." The voice said.

So he did. To his shock, he saw a spotted kwami peering out from the purse.

"Hi, my name's Tikki! I'm Marinette's kwami." She responded.

"Does that mean Marinette is.." His voice trailed off at the realization.

Marinette was Ladybug. It all made sense now.

"Yes, she is, but there's no time for that. Don't call her parents, she got kicked out." Tikki said.

Luka looked at her in shock.

"What?" He asked.

"Yes, her parents believed the liar over her. She didn't tell you because she didn't want you guys to worry about her." TIkki said softly.

"What should we do? Has this happened before?" He asked, getting back to the task at hand.

"Yes, only once though." Tikki said.

"Where is she staying right now?" Luka asked.

"The mayor's hotel." The spotted kwami responded.

Luka wasted no time starting the car and heading over to the hotel. He texted Kagami and explained the situation, and Kagami said that she would be on her way. Since her mother was currently out of town, she had no worries about getting parental permission. When they reached the hotel, it was very empty. The only people awake it seemed were the front desk.

When Luka asked what room number Marinette was staying in, she gave him a key card for the door, then went back inside.

He looked at Marinette, and saw that she was still breathing, even though she was not fully conscious.

He set her on the bed and let her rest.

He got a glass of water for when she woke up, and started looking around. A few minutes later, Kagami knocked at the door.

"What happened?" The fencer asked urgently.

"Well, we went to go and get ice cream, then after that we went to see a movie. After the movie, I went to use the restroom and she was waiting for me so we could walk out. I came out of the restroom, and she was pacing back and forth and looked very pale. Then, she fainted." Luka explained.