Chapter 29

Chapter Twenty Nine

Adrien's POV

Adrien couldn't believe it. He had just finished with a photoshoot, only to see Marinette with Luka. It wasn't that he was jealous, just surprised. Why was Marinette with him? What were they even doing?

"Plagg, what are they doing?" He asked, eyeing the unsuspecting pair cautiously. He felt a strong rush of dislike to Luka at the moment.

"It looks to me like they're on a date." Plagg snarked, before tucking his head back into Adrien's shirt.

Plagg had been rather short with Adrien recently, only talking to him when necessary. He wondered what this new development was about.

"Do you think we should follow them?" Adrein inquired

"Both of them are clearly fine, so why would we do that?" Plagg said, refusing to look at Adrien.

"I guess." He sighed and checked his phone.

It seemed that Gorilla was running late and he would be there in about five minutes.

The photo shoot had gone horribly.

The photographer had gotten incredibly frustrated with the lighting, so he had to spend several minutes trying to alter the background before deciding to completely change it completely.

He then remembered he had fencing with Kagami, and immediately brightened at the prospect. He hadn't spoken to Kagami in a while since the whole beach fiasco.

He shook away the thought. Everyone's probably gotten over that by now.

At that exact moment, he spotted the car. It was time to leave for fencing.

Kagami's POV

After Marinette had walked out the door, Kagami decided she would try and get more sleep before fencing practice. She was deeply concerned about Marinette, but she knew nothing bad would happen to her while Luka was with her. That calmed her. She managed to get five hours more of sleep before putting on her fencing gear and walking to the building.

She was feeling reasonably cheerful after getting extra sleep and eating a decent meal. Until she caught sight of Adrien.

No one's POV

"Adrien." She nodded in greeting.

"Hey Kagami!" He said, walking up to her.

"Before practice, I have something to tell you." She said, her tone becoming more serious.

"Sure, what is it?" He asked, noting the sudden change in tone.

"What's going on with Marinette and that liar girl?" Kagami asked.

"She told you?!" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes. What's been going on?"

"Well, there's this girl in our class named Lila. She lies a lot, but it's only because she wants to make friends. For some reason, Lila doesn't like Marinette. Probably because Marinette tried to call her out on lying. Anyway, she lied about Marinette to get her expelled, but I told her to get Marinette back in. After she did, everything was fine for a while. Until Marinette tried to call her out again. I told her to take the high road, but she didn't listen to me. Then, the whole beach fiasco happened. She tried to put me on the spot, even though I already told her exposing Lila was a bad idea. That's why, even though I was there, I said I wasn't."

By the time Adrien had finished his side of the story, Kagami was in shock.

She couldn't even form words.