Chapter 30

Chapter twenty eight

"H-hey. What's up?" She asked.

She quickly wiped her tears, which did not go unnoticed by Luka.

"Marinette, I heard you."

He sighed.

"What do you mean?" She asked innocently.

He sighed and sat down on the main couch.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He asked, looking in her eyes.

Marinette squirmed underneath his intense gaze.

The next question, however, threw her for a loop.

"What's playing? Do you want to watch a movie?" He asked.

"Um..sure?" She said, unsure of where this was going.

They both settled on watching an anime movie, A Silent Voice. The film was quite interesting, but not interesting enough to prevent sleep from washing over her. She attempted to fight it, but she did not contain the energy. Both of them enjoyed it, and by the time the movie was over, a sleeping bluenette was on his shoulder.

Since he didn't want to wake her up, he picked her up bridal style and set her on her bed to sleep.

Marinette's POV

All throughout the movie, she felt herself slowly drifting in and out of sleep. She didn't want to sleep or she would miss the end of the movie, but her mid had other ideas.  When she could not suppress sleep any longer, she settled for falling asleep on Luka's shoulder. She would wake up before he would notice.

She thought.

Hopefully, she would wake up before the nightmares would come.

 Wishful thniking. She didn't.

It was just her and her thoughts, what she feared the most.

The dream started off like most dreams, with Chat Blanc. 

"Little kitty on a roof, all alone without his lady."  he sang.

"Little kitty on a roof, saying someone come and save me."

"M'lady!" He said.

His tone held excitement, but his eyes contained something else.

Lust. 

He had his usual attire on, his golden hair swapped for white, and his green eyes pale blue.

Suddenly, the dream switched. 

"Marinette? You're Ladybug?" Alya asked.

"N-no!" You've got it all wrong, why would you say that?" She stammered nervously.

"Don't lie. Luka told us everything. You've been lying to us this entire time. To think, we were going to be friends forever and ever." Aya said, scorn filling her voice.

"I still can't believe it. How could such a selfish person ever be worthy of any Miraculous?" A different person spoke.

It was Luka.

"Luka?" Why would you tell them? I thought we were friends?" She asked, tearing up.

"We're not friends." He smirked then continued," We never were. That's some twisted reality you made for yourself."

Marinette began to cry, and Chat Blanc reappeared.

"Well M'lady, it seems that you have found yourself quite the audience." He chuckled.