Chapter 20: Head in the Clouds

But as it turned out the angry man was more interested in the car behind us.

I watched as he swiftly passed my window and landed a dent on the bonnet of a bright red Toyota.

Beside me, I hear grumbling and it is only then I remember I just had my first kiss -which turned into a makeout session.

I do my best to wipe the stupid grin off my face before I look back at Isren who seemed to be weighing his options.

However, we hear loud shouting as the car owner promises to kill the tout, while the unrepentant culprit argues that had almost happened when the car was parking.

Isren sighs audibly and uses his iPhone to restart his car. "Sane people are getting harder to find in this country. Round 2 is to be continued."

My eyes double and I'm too stunned for words.

He glances at me through the rear-view mirror and bursts out laughing.

"Or do you not like kissing me?" he teases, and I realize I had misunderstood him.

Not that I was averse to the idea, just not... so soon.

Instead of playing it off, I embarrass myself further. "Of course I do! Well not like too much but actuall-"

"Done." Isren cuts in to salvage what was left of my bad girl rep.

Mortified that I had come off so virginal I hoist my bag on my shoulder only to be pulled back.

I land with an 'oof' and look up to see the culprit smiling down at me.

He kisses my forehead and goes out his side of the car with my bag in hand.

Outside is a porter who takes the bag from Isren which seems to be the only item on our trolley.

The oddly affectionate sneak attack makes me forget to sit upright and I only make a move to do so when Isren swings my side of the car open.

"M'lady," he says as he bows and offers his hand to me.

I roll my eyes and take his hand, partially fearing he would do something crazier if I told him not to make a fuss.

For someone so high in society, he sure took risks with his image.

And you're one of those risks.

A snarky voice says to me but I push it back.

His hand is warming mine and we're almost at the airport entrance when I turn to look at the car parked in the distance.

I lift my head over his shoulder to command the attention of the giant beside me when I speak. "Are you just going to leave your car at the airport?"

He turns to look down at me and smiles like there was a secret I didn't know. "Overnight parking."

I scrunch my brows and my mouth forms an 'o'. "They do that?"

Isren chuckles softly and guides me down an unfamiliar path, which was strange given the fact that I had been to Murtala Muhammed Airport a few times myself.

"Mhmm. But not for my baby though -the driver will come to pick it soon," he says.

I ignore how he hadn't cared to know his long-term driver's name and focus on where we're headed instead.

Finally, we reach a vacant terminal and I pause to let him know this was beyond weird.

"You didn't think we were flying economy did you?" he says as he supplies his travel documents.