Chapter 27 : No Big Deal

The hum of trace naija filters through the room, and Funmi lays crosslegged on the white bed in the corner of the room, this time wide awake.

A cool blue glow filters in through our room from the evening sky and it's aparent that we don't have much time left.

"Where are you guys even going?" she asks, dumping the hotel's complementary magazine aside.

"Out." I say tugging on the stubborn leather zip on Victoria's dress.

Finally it looks like she won't burst open the moment I let go, so I step back so I can slip on my heels.

"Is that all you can say? Next time ask me to leave my house to babysit you guys and you'll see my answer." Funmi says, clapping her hands in amazement.

Victoria makes a show off pulling down the obvious mini dress to smoothen out any wrinkles as she answers my sister.

"Don't mind her she's meeting with her boyfriend."

My head whips in her direction, causing some tendrils from my wig to get caught by lipstick.

"Ha  was that the original plan?" I say astounded that she would throw me under the bus and she only shrugs before pulling out a lipstain from her purse.

Funmi laughs at me, and by the way her chest vibrates I can tell she was having a hearty one.

"How many months have you finished exams that you are already having a boyfriend? No mummy must hear of this." Funmi teases, once her laughter dies down.

"Shutup." I say, feeling the familiar sensation of blood rushing through my ears though my cheeks couldn't give me away.

Yet even then the look on my face was characteristic of a virginal bride on her wedding night, so she continues milking the situation.

"So tell me, how did you meet your Mcdreamy? You know me I found love late." she says patronisingly and I hear the otherwise unbothered Vicky snicker.

"You don't want to know." Victoria says under her breath.

However Funmis bat ears caught it, and she presses further.

"Now this should be interesting, any words Sister dearest?" she says batting her lashes profusely.

I get more irritated with each flutter, till I finally snap open. "A club, I met a nice guy at a club. There are you happy now?" I say fixing the final strap.

At this Funmi quirks a brow. "Most nice guys aren't found at clubs o."

"Then how did you bag your man?" I counter, rising from the torquoise sofa sepearted from the bed by a mahogany stand.

"No one said he was a nice guy." Funmi says with a smirk.

I stare at her for five full seconds before laughter spills from my gaping mouth. "This is a room full of ashawos to be honest."

Vic rests her weight on her left hip as she checks her phone impatiently. "Who holy holy help? Anyways where is this Isren we need to be going.

"Chill he'll soon be here." I say to her as she takes a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Look at my babies all grown up. Sha use protection o." Funmi adds with a warning glance at us two.

Vic bursts in laughter as she points to me. "Don't worry about that one, I'm the only real ashawo of us two."

I eye her, my mind going back to the condom incident. "It's not like we can't it just never came up." I say with a huff.

"Mhmm." Victoria says, looking like she was itching to chuckle.