Chapter 30: Where Your Love Lies

I wasn't sure what felt worse standing in front of his door knowing the mess I had caused, or t \he mother I would have to face back home.

Vic called -the cat was out of the bag. By the time I finally make it back to the mainland, my mothers knife would be sharpened.

"You know I didn't think you'd actually come after yesterday." he says, greeting me with his washboard abs.

I force a smile as I step inside. "Change of plans."

I can sense his brows ride even though my back is facing him when I say it.

"Your statement says yes, but everything else is telling me doing it is the last thing on your mind. Am I wrong?" he says, crossing his arms on his chest.

Instead of responding my eyes force me to watch as every muscle ripples under his skin, and how nice they really were to the touch.

"Sorry can you put on a shirt, I'm trying to focus here."

He smirks, having noticed the distraction was how he had been carved to perfection. Yet the usual admiration that followed anytime I got the chance was suffocating under the weight of Demilade's lips.

Here I was rethinking fornication, only to rebrand myself as a cheater in the span of a few hours.

"Nothing you haven't seen before." Is all he says before leaving me alone in the opulent leaving room.

I take a moment to admire the riche beige furniture, paired with darker flooring and a wooden armoire.

I knew next to nothing about interior decor, but the rustic touch of the room was hard to miss.

The kind of magic thagt happened when sophistaction met masculinity.

Warm lips press against my cheeks and suddenly Isren is hunched over the sofa, strong arms digging into the head rest. "Anything I might delight you in."

I shake my head, forcing the small smile to leave my lips. I didn't deserve it. "Why are you acting all fancy?"

To this he hisses playfully. "Women will complain chilvary is dead, yet act like a gentleman and start to form." he says landing right next to me on the couch.

I stare at him this time unable to contain my laughter.

How had things gone so wrong so fast?

He was everything I had broken all my rules for. Adventurous, glamorous, and every bit the forbidden fruit I had been dying to taste.

"Why are you making googoo eyes at me young lady." he says, cutting into my train of thoughts.

My mouth forms a sour o and I punch his shoulder.

I yelp as I pull my hand back, knuckles stinging at my poor form.

"Ouch that really hurt." he says sarcastically and I turn to him, my eyes enlarged with rage.

"What are you made of." I grind out, enunciating each word.

"Money, muscles, and mischief." Isren tosses back, mocking me with his eyes.

I narrow mine, looking away. "You're walking on thin ice buddy." No you are. My mind quipped.

"Yeah yeah, so are we going to nextflix and chill or what?"

Before my pupils finish doubling in size he intercepts my thoughts. "I mean the literaly definition of chill. But if you're down for the metaphor I am." he says waggling his brows.

A pillow slams straight in his face, and I have no regrets as I blow my hot pink nails.

"Are you ever serious?"