02. where she feeds him

When I opened my eyes, I had a very bad headache, my whole body felt tired as if I had moved a mountain and I felt the urge to puke my guts out.

I slowly managed to make my way to the bathroom and puked all the alcohol that I had consumed in my sadness. After that I did my morning business and then lit the diya in puja room and prayed to God for my family's happiness and well-being.

After eating the breakfast prepared by Saroj Kaki, my cook during my stay in London, I had pills to get rid of the headache. My head was all sorts of messed up with various thoughts running a mile a minute and I had a frown on my face think about Veer's wedding.

Veer's wedding!!

I had to leave for India, for the wedding. I was supposed to be at airport by 11 a.m. and it was already 2 p.m. oops!! What the hell!! Why did no one wake me? Oh god, my family already hates just like that for no reason and now they will get another chance to express it freely in front of everyone.

The lecture would go like- "you don't even know the meaning of punctuality and you are no maharani that everybody will keep waiting for you to grace us with your presence... blah blah"

Yeah, whatever! As if I care what they are calling me for. They didn't even call to wish me on my birthday these five years, and now suddenly I have to go back because something important is happening. You heard that right, the wicked witch of the west getting married is important. Maybe to them but not a bit to me. Maybe I'd be actually happy, if she was not getting married to my Veer. My Veer!!

Lost in my thoughts, a knock on the door brought me back to reality.

"Veer? What are you doing here?", I asked shocked on seeing him here.

"We are going back to India together", he said.

"Okay", I frowned and soon I was in his private jet.

I slept the whole time on the jet because I didn't want to talk to Veer at all. I couldn't talk to him knowing that he was getting married to my sister. He was going to share the same intimacy with her that we had once shared. That thought was particularly hard to digest. She had everything from the beginning, a doting mother, a loving father, a protective brother, a fond grandmother, the friends, the teachers, everyone and everything, except Veer. Though they were of same age group, he was my first friend, first boyfriend, first guy I had loved. We were happy, at least I thought we were and suddenly we weren't. He became her boyfriend without even breaking up with me, didn't I deserve at least a proper goodbye, but no, I always forget who I am. The cursed girl who always brings bad luck to people around her. But now, she had taken the one thing I held closest to my heart, my Veer.

After another bone tiring car journey from the airport to the Suryagarh Palace, I was shocked to the core to see the palace decorated like a newlywed bride. Huh! Seems like I have already forgotten that a marriage is going to take place here in the upcoming days.

As I exit the car taking in my surroundings, I'm surprised to see Veer's family. Or not. Of course, they must have come to meet their daughter-in-law. Also, there's paparazzi around; but what surprises me the most is the hand possessively wrapped around my waist, Veer's hand.

"Are you mad?", I hiss in his ears, struggling in his hold.

"Smile", he forces out but I pinch his hand trying to make it move and surprise-surprise, he doesn't even flinch.

As I am about to cross the threshold, Mother Queen stops me, making me tremble. A maid follows her with a thali in her hands, which contains a diya, flower petals, some roli, chawal, some money and something else. She does Veer's tilak and then mine too. Huh? We are not a married couple coming back from my sasuraal for the first time that she is doing this. Hmmm! Something is strange. It feels like everyone is happy except Rani sa. After the tilak she rotates the plate, shower some petals and then take weird stuff and start rotating it around our heads. Oh! So, she is casting off the evil eye, she does the same with the money and gives it to the driver who came with us.

After I enter, I bow to seek her and Father King's blessings and Veer touches her feet after me.

"Always stay happy, my children!", they bless us and takes us into the main hall.

"Naina, go to your room and freshen up. The clothes are kept, wear them and join us for dinner", Mother Queen informs me.

Okay! Something is definitely fishy. Someone selecting my clothes. Oh my god! Are they the same family I left behind?

I rush to my room and quickly freshen up and wear the cream Anarkali kept on the bed. A maid comes in while I'm detangling my hair and gives me a few jewelry boxes and asks me to wear them. I quickly brush my hair and look in the boxes to find matching earrings and a bracelet. I quickly wear them and let my hair down in waves. When I am walking to the dining hall Ranbir bhai sa starts accompanying me, which let me tell you has never happened before.

"I'm sorry", he says giving my hand in Veer's and takes his seat. Veer and I sit next to each other on the dining table.

Veer's mother, Rani Sonali Ranawat comes forward and puts kaala tika behind my ear.

"Nazar na lage kisi ki, meri pyaari bahu ko", she says and I freeze. Daughter-in-law? That's when my eyes roam around the room and I notice the decorations and close relatives gathered around. And Veer has also changed into a cream and golden sherwani. The table is filled with delicacies and there are photographer's around. Photographers!! Freaking hell!

After the plates are served, I pick up the spoon to start eating. As I'm about to put the first morsel in my mouth, Veer's younger cousin interrupt me.

"Arre, Bhabhi sa, first feed bhai sa, no. After all, it's going to be your duty to take care of this workaholic maniac!", Vidhi, Veer's younger cousin sister tells.

What is wrong with people? And what nonsense is this?!! When did I become her sister-in-law and Rani Sonali's daughter-in-law? Are these people high on something. I look up at Mother Queen's face and she just nods, blinking her eyes. As if that is supposed to make me feel better. This is Charu Lata's place. Oh my god! What mess am I being put into? Am I getting married, without my consent? To Veer! Still, it is without my consent. And I am only 22 years old for god's sake. Granted I have completed my masters early, but hey, it doesn't mean you get me married.

Hesitantly, I forward the morsel to Veer, feeling heat creep up my neck. And in return he also feeds me with the same fucking spoon from my own plate causing uproar among our cousins.

Fucking moron! 

****"
Hello guys,
What do you think is happening?
Please vote, comment and share the story. It would make my day.
Hope you are safe and happy.