10. where he leaves her

After my first rasoi, which was a blast, not literally of course, we were seated on the dining table and having the breakfast not made by me. I just made the dessert- gajar ka halwa. All the family members gifted me something or the other. The distant relatives gave me cash while my closer in-laws gave me various gold and diamond jewellery.

During my mooh-dikhayi rasam, dadi sa came and lifted my veil. Her and dada ji gave me a beautiful pair of silver anklets which they told me to wear right then.

Oh, raat ko apke pote ne gale me faasi ka fanda to daal hi diya tha, ab ap pairo me bediya bandh do. Bas haathon me hatkadiyo ki kami reh gayi hai.

That wish also was fulfilled when my mother-in-law made me wear my chooda. Guess I jinxed it too soon. My muh-dikhayi and paga lagni was done together because hey, its almost the same. Just that I had to bend a little too much to get the blessings from my relatives and get loads of gifts.

By the afternoon, everything was done and my back wanted a nice bed to lie in. I think I almost broke it by the amount of yoga I have done today. And you might be wondering where is my husband? He is in his study, working while I have to participate in the rituals. After lunch, I go back to the room I slept in and lie down for a while. After that I start preparing for the conference I have today because i) Mr. Bianchi is really hard to please ii) This is my only chance to get the biggest investment to start our own company. With my friends in my room, we do just that. We are so lost in our own world that I don't realise someone has entered my room until a sound of throat-clearing is heard.

"What is this?", Veer mentions to the mess that my friend and I are.

I have my laptop on Nixon's back, while he is lying on his stomach on the bed. Rory's legs are half dangling out of the bed while she is in an awkward position with Lorenzo and Lorenzo is taking support from my back. Yeah, okay, we are weird!

"uhmm. Don't mind this! What is it?", I ask.

"Dinner! Its dinner time and you haven't shown your face to anyone since lunch. Everyone is worried that we were having our first night during the day", he muttered.

"Veer!", I exclaimed.

"What?! I didn't say anything, people are thinking it!", he snapped back.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. Guys, let's go", I shut down my laptop after saving my work.

"y'all go ahead. The people will have a heart attack if they see me in these clothes", I muttered looking down at my dress. A sweater with pyjamas, yeah definitely heart attack.

I wear something appropriate, which is a heavy red Anarkali suit. After combing my mess of a hair, I open the door and crash into Veer.

"Did you want something?", I ask.

"Your sindoor", he points to my head.

"Huh?"

"Come here", he takes me in front of the dresser and shows me my hairline which is void of sindoor. He takes a pinch from the box and fills my hairline, some of which falls on my nose.

"I have heard, this, indicates that the husband loves his wife, a lot", he says, gesturing to my nose.

"So, have I. It's good that we are not traditional husband and wife, then", I reply dusting off the fallen sindoor.

Dinner was a jolly affair, with all the people attacking me with weird questions. Yes, weird, like what were you doing in London? Dude, I went there for my studies, so that was what I was doing.

"So, what have you thought about family planning?", one of the aunties asked and I choked on the rice I was eating.

Veer quickly passed me water while he rubbed my back.