15. where she wants him to kiss her

Lovely (adj)
Definition: The person reading this right now.

So my lovely reader, please vote and comment 🤗🤗

The sky was an unending expanse of twinkling bodies, so infinite. And it had such infinite love for all its stars, the sun, the moon and all the other celestial bodies. Day in and day out, it would hold millions of galaxies and billions of stars in its embrace as a mother would hold her baby close to her chest. Even though thousands of stars died in the form of shooting stars, the love it had for the other stars wouldn't diminish a single bit. It still held all her stars in her sky so lovingly just like a mother.

It is said that was how mother's love was, like the sky. Unending, vast, huge, infinite. A mother's love never dies just like the sky never dies. Then why did Naina's mother not hold her close all those times she had hurt herself while playing? Why did she not get those goodnight kisses? Why did her mother not come to pick or drop her to school? Why did her mother not see the sadness in her eyes when she was scared of her nightmares and wanted comfort?

After all she was only a child. A child who lost her innocence because of the cruel world. A child who was forced, forced to grow up before her days. A child scorned by her only parent for something she had no control over. Everyone treated her unfairly and so she killed herself, little by little, day by day. She changed herself, seeking solace in darkness, becoming the cold, ice Queen of dark and desolate.

The hysterical sobs had quietened considerably when they reached the mansion yet a few tears would run down her cheeks onto the hollow of her throat.

"Come on, butterfly. We have reached", Veer opened her door unbuckling her seat belt and helping her out of the car.

Naina's hiccups continued while Veer carried her bridal style to their room. As soon as her feet touched the ground, she went inside the walk-in-closet. Removing an empty suitcase, she haphazardly started dumping her clothes in it. She was determined to get the hell away from everyone. She needed time to think.

"Stop it, Naina. You are tired. Freshen up, first. Then, you can continue this, okay", he made her sit on the dressing table.

Veer helped her, removing her jewelry, wiping her makeup off and finally handed her night dress to change into. Naina didn't know why the tears wouldn't stop. She had known all along that she wasn't the favorite child, nor was she cared for. Her family had made it clear to her on multiple occasions. What was she even hoping for? For them to see her as their daughter? For them to treat her as a family member?

Everything was acceptable to her, their neglect, their harsh words, the cold sleepless nights in dungeons, their hits and slaps; but this? To think they would have let another exploit her for their benefit, she couldn't understand them, anymore. Was it why she was allowed in that party after years of being told to stay away from parties and other functions that happened in the palace?

Naina entered the bath room and stood under the water spraying from the shower head, thankfully it was already warm because Veer had switched on the geyser. Her tears fell, mixed with the water pouring from the shower head. Her saree clung to her like a second skin. Falling to her knees, she cried hard. Sobs spilling out of her lips like broken poetry. And then Veer came to her mind. She felt utterly broken to see the man she loves, breakdown in front of her and even more so, to know that the reason was she, herself.

She sobbed, as long as her lungs didn't choke her, as long as her eyes didn't dry themselves out, as long as her throat didn't feel like a dried well.

Would it have been better if she wasn't born at all? She immediately put a halt to that thought. She couldn't spiral down the same path. She stood up, turning the shower off. Wearing the clothes Veer had given her, she exited the bathroom to find Veer pacing in the room.