18. where she gets her sweet revenge

I have had a bad few days, where I wasn't really at a nice place. My mind was a mess, is still a mess, questioning my existence and what not. I think I need mental asylum 🤪😂.

Warning: Mild mature content

Veer frowned in his sleep when he couldn't find his wife on the bed. Slowly opening his eyes, he peeked and found her side of the bed empty. He turned to the bedside table to look at the small digital clock and a scowl formed on his face when he found it was already 9 a.m. And he was late for breakfast. Dadi sa would surely have his head in the breakfast. Hurrying, he brushed his teeth and scrambled down the stairs.

"Sorry, I am late", he murmured sitting on the dining table. Only his grandparents were sitting.

"It's okay, beta. You must have been up until early morning, no?", his dadi sa asked.

"No? I wasn't. I slept around 2 last night I think", Veer answered.

"Now, stop lying", Dada ji said miserably failing to hide his smirk.

"I don't understand what you are trying to get at. God, I need coffee", he got up and walked to the kitchen.

"Good morning, maa", he wished his mother upon entering the kitchen. Naina was squeezing orange juice in a corner.

"Good morning, baccha. Sleep well?" she asked, caressing his cheek.

"Yes", he sighed leaning towards her hand. He was a Momma's boy, through and through.

"Sonaaa!" Dadi sa's voice brought him out of his sleepy state.

"Coming, maa sa", she tapped Veer twice on his cheek lovingly and took the dishes out to the dining table.

Veer padded to where Naina was, placing his arms around her waist and his head in her neck.

"You didn't wake me up."

Naina continued her work, her chooda jiggling as she moved her hands.

"I am late because of you", he whined showing his displeasure at being ignored.

"Give me attention. I am your husband", he placed his hands on hers, stopping her from making the juice.

"Veer, what do you want?" she asked, sighing as if already tired.

"Coffee", he muttered, sensing her upset.

Was it something I did last night? Did I go too far? Leaving a hickey on her neck, on the very first date. But she had also leaned down to kiss me, hadn't she? We would have definitely done that if not for her stupid phone.

"Hmm. Give me a minute", she said. Squeezing the last orange, she transferred the juice into the jug.

"Take this to the table. I'll be out with your coffee, soon", she handed him the jug and walked to the fridge to retrieve the milk.

"You are walking funnily", he said.

"Yes, and I was married into a family of lunatics", she replied.

"What?"

"I thought we were stating facts. We weren't? Oh, my bad!"

"What happened, butterfly? Why are you upset?"

She was being more sassy than usual.

"I fell while jogging in the garden", she shrugged.

"And?"

"And now your grandparents think that we did the dirty; that is why I am limping and you were late. They wouldn't stop smirking at each other and glance at me."