13. where he is with her

Happy Republic day guys.
Like, share, subscribe ki jagah - vote, comment and share 😂

"Mmhmm. Bas, bas. My stomach is full now", I whined. It was four days after the episode and they were still treating me as a patient. Okay, I mean I was still weak and slept whole of the last two days and ended up almost falling yesterday, but I feel good today. They won't even let me step a foot down the bed except for washroom breaks. Mom has been bringing lunch to my room every day.

"Shut up! You kids these days, first you don't eat healthy and then you fall ill so frequently", my sweet mother-in-law scolded me.

"Uffo, mom. I am okay, now. Stop worrying so much, you are going to have grey hairs before you even become a dadi", I gibbered, just realizing what I said. She'll have to wait for at least two and half years, because his son is tied to me for 18 months and then he'll need to find someone else worth making a baby with and nine more months. Tedious process, if you ask me.

"Oye, don't you dare. I'll be the coolest dadi ever and who knows, you and Veer might just give the good news in the coming months", she looked up hopefully.

I felt bad for crushing her hopes, but they brought it upon themselves. And I really needed to maintain my distance from them. I can't get attached to them. I mean, sure they are giving me the perfect family I yearned for, but this is just going to be one of those dreams I had as a teenager. It will be over as soon as my time is up.

"I am sorry, but this is definitely not the time for this talk", I mumbled and put my plate down, and went to washroom to wash my hands. When I returned back, she was gone, thank God.

Veer has been, well, like Veer.

"I am sorry, Naina. Forgive me, please", he had said when I woke up with our hands entwined. He made me drink water and helped me sit.

"For what?", I raised my brows.

"Huh?"

"Why are you sorry? If anything, I should say sorry for ruining your plans", I muttered looking down at the quilt I was covered in.

"No, look at me. I am sorry. For leaving without informing. I just didn't want to disturb your sleep; you were sleeping so peacefully and then I forgot. I didn't know you would react so badly. Trust me, if I had even an ounce of idea that this was going to turn into such a disaster, I would have never left", he whispered, kissing my fingers.

"This episode was not your fault, okay?", I cross my arms. Now he is being plain stupid.

We didn't talk much after this, except him asking for my forgiveness and me telling him that it wasn't his fault. Though he always brought me breakfast in bed, helped me to get to the washroom, brought me dinner and then disappear only to come back late at night when he thinks I am asleep. He'd come in and sit on the floor, beside the bed, take my hand slowly in his hand and murmur about how sorry he is and how wished he could take away all the pain he'd caused. After a few minutes, when he would feel satisfied, he'd brush my hair away from my face, kiss my head and sleep on the couch until morning. He would wake up before me and disappear again until he'd bring me breakfast and the cycle has been repeating for a few days now.

I need to get out of these four walls, otherwise I'll go crazy now. I wear my jeans, turtle neck top and take my coat with me. Informing everyone that I need to go out otherwise I'd suffocate and die, I end up going on a long drive, with bodyguards following me. I stop at a garden where kids are playing and elders are on their evening stroll. Walking inside, I sit on a bench and enjoy the giggles of the kids filling the chilly air with warmth. I miss Veer's cousins; they had made me feel so welcomed.