bonus: his futterfly

Now, this is not the original chapter I had posted for the competition. This has a few more scenes added from their childhood. If you want to read the original, but yaar mat padhna kyuki this one is better, par fir bhi padhna hai toh, its entry no 1 in the Rose Love Awards.

 If you want to read the original, but yaar mat padhna kyuki this one is better, par fir bhi padhna hai toh, its entry no 1 in the Rose Love Awards

The little boy sat quietly beside the baby girl, sleeping in the bassinet while their parents talked in the garden. He was mesmerized by the little girl's soft, squishy chubby cheeks. She was only eight months old while the boy was just a few months shy of four years. He wanted to touch those soft cheeks which felt like cotton candy but he did not want to wake up the baby. While he was lost in his dreams of eating her cottony soft cheeks, a butterfly passed his eyes. He followed the butterfly's trail and contained his squeal when she went and sat on the baby girl's head. He held his hands to his mouth in amazement but little giggles bubbled out which awoke the sleeping baby. Her big eyes looked here and there for familiarity but the open sky of the garden scared her. Just as she was about to let out a wail, the little boy came forward and cooed at her. She recognized him and smiled at him. She continued to gaze at him as he explained something to her in his broken vocabulary. Soon, it was time to return home and the little boy did not want to leave the baby girl so he cried. He wailed so loudly that even the baby girl started crying. The mothers took them away while the boy kept on mumbling 'my futterfly'. His mother just thought that he wanted a butterfly which he had seen in the garden and explained how he can't have her. The boy wailed even louder until he exhausted himself and fell asleep. Who would explain that the baby girl was 'his futterfly' and he wanted her?

His parents took him back to the garden after a week, because kept pestering his parents for 'his futterfly' and kept crying at random hours of the day. However, his futterfly was peacefully sleeping in her crib that day. After not finding Naina, he again started crying, even when there were lot of butterflies fluttering around the rose bushes. Finally, after a long dilemma his mother understood about which butterfly was her son talking about. She arranged to meet her friend at the earliest and so they went to the Suryagarh palace together. As soon as he saw 'his futterfly', he ran on his tiny, wobbly feet and waved shyly at her.

"Baah baahhh", Naina babbled happily seeing people surround her.

"Me hold her?", Veer tugged his mother's hand.

"You want to hold her?", she laughed looking at his cute pouty face.

He nodded vigorously.

"Okay, come, sit here", she made him sit on the sofa and gently lay Naina on his lap, teaching him to support her head while her cute butt rested on his lap. He giggled having her in his arms, his cute dimples poking out of his cheeks, his grey eyes alight in excitement, his pout turned into a full-blown smile.

"Veer, smile for papa", his father beckoned to him, holding his phone, while both Veer and Naina were busy discussing the name of their kids. Yes, the discussion was that serious.