Cold On Christmas

I woke up in the morning feeling achy and tired all over. My nose felt stuffy and there was a scratchy feeling in my throat. I prayed that I hadn't caught my friend's cold from last week. I stumbled out of bed realising that I only had an hour to get ready and meet B/N for coffee. He had been visiting his family the past two weeks and was finally back just in time for Christmas. I bundled myself up my warmest clothes, pulled on my boots and dragged myself out the door.

 The harsh wind nipped at my cheeks and tugged at my clothes. The dull ache at the base of my temple had turned into a pounding headache. I was too tired and cold to appreciate the brightly lit shop windows or people chatting happily as their kids sat with Santa. After what felt like hours, I made it to B/N and I's coffee shop. The warm air elicited a sigh of relief from me.

 I sat down and rubbed my head softly trying to tune out the laughter and chatter along with the right lights of the café. With a flurry of snow B/N walked into the shop clad in thick pants a long black coat. There were chunks of snow in his hair and his cheeks had turned pink from the cold, but he still sported his usual grin.

 I stood up as he made his way to the table to give him a small hug, his large frame encompassing my smaller one. "How's my favourite girl today?" he asked after he had ordered. "Fine" I answered in a raspy voice. "Are you okay?" he asked looking me up and down. "I'm good" I said. "It's just the cold" I lied. He didn't seem convinced but dropped the matter anyway.

 I listened quietly as he told me about his family, how his sister had a new job, and his cousin was having a baby. I zoned out after a while trying to keep my awful headache at bay. After ten minutes he couldn't ignore it anymore. "What's wrong?" he asked again his E/C eyes showing concern. "It's nothing" I reaffirmed. He raised an eyebrow. "Just a cold" I mumbled. 

He slid next to me and let his hand brush my forehead. "Baby you're burning up" he said quietly. "Does anything else hurt" he asked gently. I gave up the façade and laid my head on his shoulder. "I have a headache; my nose is blocked and my throat hurts" I admitted curling into him. He nodded and stood up quickly. He threw away our empty coffee cups then took my hand and led me toward the exit. 

He held me close as we walked through the crowd of people. I made to turn in the direction of my apartment, but he pulled me the opposite way. "Where are we going?" I asked confusedly. "To my apartment so I can take care of you" he replied coolly. "You just got back; you don't want to spend Christmas taking care of me" I protested. "I came back to spend Christmas with you, and I will do that whether you're healthy or sick. Now let's get you to bed" Despite my shivering state I felt my cheeks heat up and I grinned to myself. The care ride was quiet, B/N's hand was on mine the entire way. 

Once we arrived at his apartment, he ushered me inside. I flopped down onto his couch as he ran around the house. When he returned, he had a cup of tea and soup on a tray along with several fluffy blankets. After he made sure I was comfortable he sat down next to me and pulled me into his arms. We spent the day snacking, cuddling and watching Christmas movies. Maybe it wasn't the worst time of the year to be sick after all.

Sorry this is short  :(