Christmas Eve slip up

Another Christmas fic ❄️⛸

Y/N slips while ice skating and has to go to the hospital. Luckily she meets a handsome doctor who's more than happy to keep her spirits up

T/B/N: their boyfriend's name
T/G/N: their girlfriend's name

Y/N flew past the others, bundled in coats and scarves. Y/N grabbed the side of the rink with a gloved hand as she waited for her friends.

Once they had finished skating and the snow started to get heavier they clambered out of their skates. "How about we go for hot chocolate at that cafe across the street" Y/N proposed but all of her friends shook their heads.

"Sorry Y/N I promised T/B/N I'd spend Christmas Eve with them" she looked at the others.
"Can't, I promised T/G/N I'd go for dinner at her parents house"
"Yeah and T/B/N and I have a tradition of watching Christmas movies on Christmas Eve" her other friend added.
"It's okay" Y/N said with a smile.

"And hey don't you have a date with that guy you met on that dating app" her friend asked
"Yeah it's gonna be great" she lied. Y/N hadn't met anyone on a dating app, she'd simply made up an excuse so that her friends didn't think she was alone for Christmas. She didn't need a pity invite so she could spend the 25th third wheeling one of her fiends and their partner.

Y/N and her friends said their goodbyes and they all walked off. Y/N figured she could spend a little more time skating as she had nothing else to do. She strapped her skates on again and stepped out onto the rink. It was a lot darker now, the strings of Christmas lights were the only thing illuminating the rink.

It was almost empty except for a few older people, alone like her. There was a thin gleam of water on the surface of the ice, but Y/N wasn't worried. She was fairly good at keeping herself safe while skating.

She did a couple rounds and she started thinking about tomorrow. She had no other plans beside sitting in bed watching Christmas movies. Even though it was just another day in the year, Y/N felt an overwhelming sense of loneliness thinking about tomorrow. Across the road she saw a couple through the window of the cafe she had seen earlier. They were holding hands and sipping hot chocolate while laughing with each other. The sinking feeling in Y/N's stomach only grew stronger before suddenly

Her foot skidded forward as she slipped on the ice, she fell backward when she tried to regain her balance and landed hard on the ice. She saw people bent over her, as if looking through blurry film. She heard voices shouting but she can't figure out what they were saying. Her eyes slipped shut and darkness consumed her.

She blinked slowly and opened heavily lidded eyes. She lifted her head up gently to look around her. She groaned at the dull throbbing in her head that the movement had triggered. As Y/N looked around, more carefully this time she noticed she was in a hospital room. She glanced at the clock that was softly ticking in the corner. It showed 12:21, the darkness outside the window told her it was at night. She shifted slightly and her whole body ached.

"Good to see you're awake" A doctor walked into the room and picked up a clipboard that was on a desk near her. He had light brown hair that swept over his forehead, and a dark blue stethoscope was hung around his neck. He wore black pants and a Christmas sweater with four little reindeer on it under his white coat.

He turned to Y/N and smiled at her "I don't know if you remember but you had a pretty nasty fall earlier while ice skating, and the impact along with the cold shocked you're body into unconsciousness. Luckily, however you only sustained a mild bump on the head and a couple bruises so, once we do an evaluation you're good to go." He said and she nodded slowly.

"How are you feeling?" He asked kindly, his brown eyes softening as he surveyed her. "Umm" his gentle demeanour had an unnaturally comforting effect on her. No wonder he was a doctor. "My head hurts but that's pretty much it I guess" she said quietly and he nodded happily. "Cool, so I'm gonna keep you here for maybe half an hour, just to make sure your head's okay, and after that just go home and take it easy" he said and she smiled in response.

He put down the clipboard and peeled off his coat. He started tidying up the room and the desk as he spoke. "I bet it sucks being here on Christmas Eve" he said throwing a pair of plastic gloves in the bin. "Well, I guess Christmas Day" he corrected himself with a chuckle as he glanced at the clock. "I'm sure you've got someone very worried about you" he continued. "Nah not really" Y/N said and he straightened up, looking at her confusedly. "My family all live really far and all of my friends are with their partners" she said, touching a bruise on her arm tenderly.

"What about your boyfriend? Or girlfriend?" He asked turning back to the desk. "Don't have one" I replied. He smiled sympathetically "I know how you feel" "You're spending Christmas alone as well?" She asked surprised. She thought for sure that a doctor with fluffy brown hair and eyes as soft as his would have someone. He shook his head "My friends are all on holiday abroad, and I'm not really that close with my family" he said taking a seat in the chair beside the desk. "It sucks being alone" she said and he nodded sadly. "I was just gonna watch Christmas movies and drink hot chocolate all day" she said with a small laugh. His lips twitched up "Same"

He stood up and walked toward her. "Y' know if you're into it, you could get some hot chocolate outside of home... with me" he said tentatively looking down at the floor. "I know this amazing place, the owner gives you free marshmallows" he said and a blush rose to his cheeks as he looked back up at Y/N. "I mean if you want..." he trailed off.

"On one condition" I said looking him. "Tell me your name, unless you want me to call you reindeer boy" I said and he laughed as he looked down at his sweater. A smirk formed on his face "Unfortunately the only way my name can be revealed is when typed into a phone as a contact" he said cheekily. I raised my eyebrows and handed him my phone.

He tapped away on the little screen before handing it back to me.
"B/N" I spoke, reading the name he had typed in. "I'm Y/N" I said and he nodded with a smile. "Well Y/N I will get your discharge papers and I'll see you later today" he said, walking out of the room with one last smile. I settled back into the pillows with burning cheeks. That head bump was totally worth it