I don't like marshmallows

Christmas fic!!

B/N doesn't like marshmallows and Y/N thinks that it's the crime of the century

Y/N plopped five marshmallows in each mug before carrying them over to B/N she placed them down on the little coffee tables beside their couch. B/N lifted the blanket as I fitted myself under his arm and snuggled into his side. He kissed the top of my head before scrolling to his Netflix list.

"Okay so I've narrowed it down to three movies, Love actually, falling for Christmas or the Knight before Christmas" he said scrolling to each one as he announced them. "I would've included diehard but someone thinks it's not a Christmas movie" he said rolling his eyes and looking at the ceiling.

"It's not a Christmas movie"
"It is"
"It's not"
"It is"
"It's not"
"The entire world thinks it is"
"Just because a movie is set in December doesn't mean it's a Christmas movie!"
"I can't do this again"

B/N shook his head as he picked up his mug. I took the remote from his other hand and clicked on the Knight before Christmas. As the movie started to play B/N plucked a soggy marshmallow out of his hot chocolate and dropped it on the side plate beside him. He did the same for the next four marshmallows as Y/N watched in horror.

When he finally finished and turned back to face the tv he caught a glimpse of Y/N's face through the corner of his eye. He took a large sip of hot chocolate as she continued to stare at him, eyes wide and mouth hanging open. "What?" He said raising his eyebrows at her. She stuttered and mumbled gesturing to the marshmallows. "Why" she asked in a shaky voice. "Oh, I don't really like marshmallows" he said nonchalantly glancing back at the screen.

Y/N gasped loudly, nearly making B/N drop his hot chocolate. "You don't like marshmallows?" She asked, her voice filled with terror. "Nah, they taste weird. Especially in hot chocolate like why ruin a great drink with marshmallows" he replied and Y/N placed a hand on her heart. "How could you hate marshmallows?!" She asked indignantly.

"They're pink and squishy and sweet, it's like
hating a baby pig" she cried throwing herself back into their couch cushions. B/N let out a laugh as she cast a hand over her forehead. "You mean to tell me" Y/N said quietly. "That we've been dating for almost two years and you never told me you don't like marshmallows" she said, faking a choked up voice. "Maybe" B/N replied sheepishly. "But it's not like it changes anything" he added.

"This changed everything" she said, sitting up rapidly. "I don't know if I can spend the rest of my life with someone who hates marshmallows" she said, displaying a mock serious face. It was now B/N's turn to be horrified. "Wha- no, I'll eat it okay" he picked up on of the soggy marshmallows and stuffed it in his mouth. He made a funny face as he chewed it slowly and Y/N burst into laughter.

She pulled him forward for a kiss, giggling against his lips. Once they separated B/N spit the marshmallow out before Y/N pulled him back in. In between kisses she spoke "I think I can find a way to live with it" she said smiling at him. "Even if it is an insult to hot chocolate culture" she said bumping his nose with hers. "Thank you" B/N said rubbing her back gently. "And I will make sure you always have marshmallows in your hot chocolate" Y/N laughed at his words and they spent the rest of the day cuddling, watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate.