Snowball fight

I slowly blinked my eyes open and turned to see B/N beside me, sleeping peacefully. His hair lay tousled on the pillow and his chest moved up with each breath. With the hustle and bustle of Christmas it was nice to see him so calm. I let my hand gently trace his features and he shifted turning towards me.

"Hey gorgeous" he rasped, his morning voice sending shivers down my spine.

"Hey" I said as he pulled my body closer to his. I draped my arms around his neck and lay my head next to his. After a few minutes he had properly woken up and he looked past my shoulder to the window.

"Look" he whispered, "It's snowing". I whipped my head around to see a painted white sky and the softly falling snow. I had only seen snow once before as a small child, so I instantly jumped out of bed to rush outside.

"Where are you going" he said barely raising his head from the pillow.

To play in the snow" I said excitedly.

"Can't we just stay here and cuddle" he asked pleadingly.

"We can do that any old day; the snow is only here for a month or two."

He groaned and climbed out of bed walking towards me. I squealed and made to run downstairs before a pair of arms around my waist stopped me.

"You're not going outside in that" he said nodding at my thin pyjamas. My face flushed and I walked toward the closet to choose my outfit. I decided on a warm sweater with dark pants and black boots. I threw a scarf around my neck as B/N pulled his beanie over his head. I marched downstairs and B/N and I shrugged on our coats before heading outside.

The icy wind nipped at my exposed cheeks; I pulled my sleeves up to cover my hands as we walked through the white sludge to the nearby park. There were children playing and making snow angels while their parents sat sipping coffee on frost covered benches.

I stared around at the winter wonderland before I felt something cold and hard hit the back of my head. I span around to see Fred smirking guiltily while making another snowball. I bent down quickly and gathered the snow in my hands. After I had shaped it into a ball, I lobbed it at B/N.

The unexpected blow to his chest made him tumble backwards onto his butt. I burst out laughing and he clambered to his feet glaring at me playfully. He made his next assault and I managed to dodge one and the other hit my shoulder. He also managed to miss my next to snowballs with the third hitting him straight in the stomach causing me to double over in laughter.

We spent nearly an hour in the park flinging snowballs at each other before we made a truce and lay down the green benches. After ten minutes we decided to go to the café across the road.

I breathed a sigh of relief as the warm air hit my face. We ordered at the counter and sat at a table by the window. The street was filled with people carrying bags of gifts and dogs padding along beside their owners.

I looked at B/N across the table to see him grinning happily. His hair had specks of snow in it and his cheeks were dusted in pink. I continued to stare out the window as I sipped the coffee occasionally glancing back at B/N.

As I took my last sip B/N took me by the hand to walk back to our cosy apartment. I leant my head against his shoulder, and he pressed a chaste kiss to the top of my head.