Chapter 12

*Ashton's P.O.V*

.

.Night Daniel found Annabelle.

.

The warriors and I just got back to the pack. I don't know where she went or where she's going and honestly I feel numb all over. My wolf won't talk to me either. I just want her with me right now.

"Ashton" Lucas said getting my attention. I nodded letting him know I was listening and that he could continue "Daniel and Evan have both officially joined the pack while you were gone, your dad thought it was best to have them in the pack for Annabelle's sake and Daniel said he is going to help look for Annabelle, he is out looking now"

"By himself?"

"He has a theory and wanted to go alone" I nodded in understanding. He's her brother, his wolf has spent more time with her than mine, he could know how to calm her more that me. I sighed at that thought. It's not Annabelle's wolf we have to calm, it's Annabelle herself. "you alright?" I then realized Lucas was still in the room

"Yeah, just miss her" I mumbled and lied back on the couch.

"We'll find her Ash, don't worry"

"Ashton, I found her scent" Daniel said through mind-link.

"Where?" I asked, I was about to get up and searched for him.

"On unclaimed territory, I know where she went now, I'll bring her home tomorrow, I promise"

"Alright, thank you" I was finally at ease knowing that Daniel knew where she was and that I would be able to hold her again soon.

"You feeling better?" My dad asked as he walked into the living room. I nodded as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Daniel found her scent, she's coming home tomorrow" I smiled and finally slept for the first time in two weeks.

.

.
Present day
.

.

I hugged her for who knows how long. I was so happy to have her in my arms. "Come on let's get home" I mumbled and pulled awhile to hold her hand and walk. Daniel walked off to his own cabin, as I walked Annabelle to our's. My dad figured it would be best for us to move into the alpha's cabin, instead of staying in the family home.

"How's everyone doing?" Annabelle asked as she leaned her head on my shoulder

"Better now that you're here, where did you run off to?"

"My old pack, I had to see my old home one last time"

"Is this your old backpack?" I asked as she put it down on the table. A small smile took over the thin line her lips once were. She nodded yes and opened it pulling out seven palm sized wolves and a photo album. "Can I look at the photos?"

"Yeah" we both walked over to the couch. She curled up next to me as I opened up to the first page. It was her parents at their wedding. Annabelle looked so much like her parents. I looked over at her to see she was staring at the photos with this emotion I never wanted to see in her eyes. Brokenness.

I put my arm around her and turned the page. It was more pictures of her parents together. "Do you know how they met?"

"They always knew each other, when they found out they were mates was when my dad was a freshman and my mom was in eighth grade, my dad knew she was his mate but she didn't know yet. He did everything he could do to be near her. He tutored her, he was an empire in softball, which she played a lot. He even signed up to be a teacher's assistant as one of his classes.