Chapter Twenty

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

"Luna, if you don't do it soon there will be consequences" Doctor Ray told me. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"What exactly could happen?"

"Well you could lose the ability to conceive pups, or have a much harder pregnancy. You could become more likely to have only miscarriages. It's been a year since you met Alpha Ashton. You both officially became Alpha and Luna a month ago and you don't even bare his mark on your neck. It's time you complete the mating process" she said and I nodded. I felt tears come to my eyes. If I make Ashton wait any longer, we won't be able to have pups.

"You should really talk to Alpha Ashton about this" I nodded once again and then grabbed my crutches and left.

I decided to take my time as I walked home. How does one bring up the mating processes? "You just say something about it" Lauren said as if it were the most simple thing in the world.

"But how? When?"

"I don't know" she then disconnected our mindlinked and blocked me out. All of my animals did. I sighed and kept walking in the direction of my cabin.

.  .  .  .  .  .

"How was your doctor's appointment?" Ashton asked as I was cleaning the dishes. I looked over at him and saw he was super focused on trying to get all the leftover spaghetti to fit inside a container.

"It was good. My legs still the same as always. How was your's yesterday?" I asked and Ashton swallowed nervously.

"Umm, good. Yeah, healthy as can be" he smiled and turned back to the container.

"She brought it up huh?"

"Yeah" he mumbled. "Look Annabelle if you don't want to do anything yet I understand, I'll wait forever for you"

"What if I don't want to wait anymore?" Ashton dropped the container. The spaghetti went all over the kitchen floor.

"Shit" he mumbled "I'll clean it" I giggled softly and he turned to look up at me and gave me this smile, and kept looking at me. I shifted slightly as I felt my face getting really warm.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked trying to look anywhere but him which was very hard to do.

"You're just so beautiful" I blushed more at that. I mumbled a shy thank you, yeah I've been with him for a year but I still get a bit giddy like I did when I first fell for him. I turned back to the dishes and then felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

Ashton moved the hair away from my neck and kissed my shoulder gently. He then rested his head on my shoulder. "I love you"

"I love you too" I whispered back and could feel his smile become wider. Ashton then lifted me up, and I let out a small squeak in surprise. He gently kissed my lips and then rested his forehead against mine.

"Annabelle?"

"Yes Ashton?"

"Will you let me mate with you?" He asked so softly I almost didn't hear him. I smiled at his shyness.