Chapter Twenty-Six

*Ashton's P.O.V.*

I looked myself over in the mirror. I was in my tux and the wedding was about to start in forty minutes. I had a hard time sleeping without Annabelle by my side last night but I know I couldn't see her, or can't see her, not until the wedding. "You ready to see your mate?" Lucas asked 

"I'm ready to marry her, I have been for a long time now" I responded smiling back at him.

"I know you have, heck I could see it in your eyes, if you could have married her the day you met her then you would have" I slapped my back and we both laughed.

"That is true, I would have married her then and I still want to marry her now, heck I could even wait till tomorrow. I just want to marry her and for her to become my wife and family. I love her" he smiled at me then fixed my tie.

"I know, and she loves you just as much as you love her. Come on we have to go. Wedding should be starting soon" we walked out of the cabin and to the car. Lucas hopped into the driver's seat and me the passenger seat. I took deep breaths as we got closer to the wedding. Man I can't wait to see her in her dress and to see her go down the isle, even if it is with crutches. 

We parked and got out of the car and instantly my mom ran to me. "Oh I'm so excited for you, my baby boy" she kissed my cheek and I let her then my dad gave me a hug.

"Thanks mom, dad"

"Of course son. Now I think it's about time you go. I'm going to take my seat" my dad said, gave my mom a kiss, then went to sit. Lucas joined the rest of the party as I looped arms with my mom and we went to get ready to walk. I noticed everyone we invited was here and in their seats chatting a bit. Music started to play and everyone went silent and looked down the isle. 

My mom and I both started walking. Everyone slightly bowed as we passed and I couldn't help but feel pride rise within my chest. We stopped at the front row and I passed my mom off to my dad. I walked up to Evan who was marrying Annabelle and me. I watched as the party slowly came out one pair at a time, Lucas and Sarah first, then Eliza and her mate, then my new third in command Eric and his mate Hannah, and then Jared with his cousins Austin and Delilah, Delilah tossed flowers while Jared and Austin carried a pillow with the rings tied onto it. 

The bridal music started and everyone stood up. My wolf and I both grew every excited to see our mate, so excited it felt like forever before she walked out. When she did I felt like my heart dropped, as did my jaw. She was gorgeous, drop dead gorgeous, like always. I felt tears come to my eyes and my smile went from ear to ear. She looked at me and I could see her blush. She was careful not to catch her crutches on her dress, I could tell it was a bit difficult. She then stopped, her brothers stood up and so did two of mine. My brothers took her crutches and her brothers went to grab her arms to make sure she didn't fall but she smiled and shook her head no.

She then started walking down the isle with her bouquet in hand. "Oh my god" I whispered and started to cry tears of joy for her. I then clapped for her as she blushed more. When she got close to me her brothers grabbed her arms and walked the rest of the way with her. I walked forward and took her hand then walked her to the front of the crowd. 

The whole time I couldn't take my eyes off of her, my mate, god was I so lucky to have her. "Ashton is there anything you'd like to say" I nodded and pulled a paper out of my pocket.

"Annabelle, my mate, my best friend, my love, I only wrote this out so we could keep it forever, I don't need this paper in my hands" I said making everyone laugh. I put it back in my pocket and continued to talk "from the moment I met you, from the moment I looked into those beautiful blue eyes of your's, I fell in love with you. I fall harder and harder everyday. I can't wait to wake up everyday with those beautiful blue eyes looking back at me. I can't wait to make our family bigger with you and to grow old with you. A few years ago if someone told me that you were my mate I wouldn't believe them, you're too good for me. I'm the luckiest man in the world and I wish I could make you the luckiest girl in the world. I promise that from here on out I will always be faithful, and I will always protect you and our son and whoever joins our family. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I never want to go a day without you. I love you"

"Annabelle, anything you'd like to say"

"Ashton, I am the luckiest girl in the world" she sniffed and I wiped away a stray tear from her cheek "I wish I never ran from you when I first met you, but we can't go back and change that. From the moment I saw you I felt safe and loved, I couldn't have asked for anyone better to be paired with. We've been through a lot, and we will go through a lot more but no matter what I will stand by your side. Every time I go to bed I wish that this isn't all a dream and when I wake up I thank the goddess every morning. I can't even express the feeling I get when with you, when I think about us being parents together, when I think we're going to be husband and wife. You're my best friend and the love of my life, you're so perfect to me with all your flaws and I really hope you accept all of mine. I love you so much"

We repeated the lines after Evan, and then placed our rings on each other. "You may kiss the bride" I pulled Annabelle closer to me and kissed her. Everyone cheered as I kissed my mate for the first time as her husband.

"I love you so much" she whispered after we pulled away. We both walked down the isle with the party following behind us. We then went to take a million pictures, no ones smiles faded throughout the whole thing, not even the babies. 

"You're absolutely gorgeous" I told Annabelle as we made our way to the reception. 

"And you are absolutely handsome" we kissed then heard our names being announced by Lucas, my best man. We quickly ran down the hall and opened the door. Everyone clapped and music started to play. "Wedding party stand and get some food" Anna and I both walked with the wedding party and grabbed plates. We all made it to the wedding party table and everyone else got up to get some food as well. 

Many people tapped their glasses and each time Annabelle and I kissed. It was a beautiful night. I felt so lucky to have her in my life, and to have everyone else in my life. Annabelle and I were both on the dance floor and they started to play our song for our first dance, one of our favorite songs. It was amazing, dancing with her, seeing her on her legs without crutches. 

By the end of the night Annabelle was slightly falling asleep on my shoulder as we danced. Everyone was almost gone and multiple times my mom came over to tell me to take Annabelle home but Annabelle refused to listen. "Ready to get some sleep yet?" 

"Yeah, but I don't want to"

"Come on, it's ok" she finally agreed to go home. I led her to the car and drove home. Raven had taken Jared home earlier, a lot earlier. 

"I love you, you're the best" Annabelle blurted.

"I love you too, and I'm going to guess that you also drank a little too much" 

"Oh yeah I did, just a little though"

"How many glasses of wine did you have?" she hiccuped and laughed.

"I can't remember exactly. It was quite a bit" I shook my head and parked the car outside the house. I helped her into the house, and to bed. "Husband, you're my husband now" she whispered and giggled. "Can you help me change?"

"Yeah" I helped her with her dress and helped her put her favorite pair of pajamas. I then lied her down and then lied down next to her and pulled her close to me. 

"You're the best" she mumbled then I could hear her heartbeat slow and go at a steady pace. I knew she had fallen asleep and that I could now sleep. 

I rarely fall asleep before her anymore because I remember when she first moved to the pack and she'd have nightmares if she went to bed feeling scared or almost alone due to me not being awake. She wouldn't have to tell me, I just knew. So now I wait to sleep to make sure she's alright, and I'm going to do that for the rest of my life.

And there you have it. The next chapter is going to be the last chapter for this book and then it's on to the sequel! I hope you guys enjoyed this book. Honestly when I first started writing it I thought maybe like five or ten people would read it and that I would just kind of stop writing it in the middle of the story and that no one would care but you guys actually cared and I am just so grateful that you guys did and that you guys got me to give a life to these characters. 

Thank you, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I love you all so much!

Stay awesome and beautiful like you already are!

~Gabriela