Chapter 9

Ashton's P.O.V.

.

.

.

It's been a week and we still haven't found Annabelle, there have been so many sitings of her using her powers but they keep moving around too much. The most recent was about a ten hour drive from here,but maybe a five hour run in our wolf forms.

I know I never marked Annabelle but I can somehow feel her emotions and she's not happy, she's terrified, nervous, lonely, and she's starting to grow with power that she probably doesn't even know she has. It's pretty clear her wolf is starting to feel the effects of being a mate to an alpha and she's growing with power but not telling Annabelle.

"Hey Ashton, how are you feeling?" Eliza asked walking into my room

"Not any better than before"

"There's been another siting of a huge wind storm"

"Where?"

"It was by that lake dad would take us to when we were little, if we go now we might get her back"

"Last time we tried, we were too late"

"Come on Ash, if we go now we'll make it, the lake is closer then the other siting spots"

"If we are too late then I'm not listening to you until we find her"

"Alright" we both got up and walked out of the house. We got some guards to come with us as we all shifted and ran to the lake, which is a three hour drive, but an hour and a half run. I was in the front trying to run as fast as I could when I got this terrible pounding pain in my head, than I heard it.

Annabelle's voice.

"Ashton, please, if you're there and can here me, I'm by some lake, please hurry we leave in an hour" she whispered as if she was too weak to yell in her own head. I ran harder and faster trying to reach my mate.

"Don't worry, I'm coming"

"I love you"

"I love you too, just hang on just a bit longer" she didn't respond, there really was no need to. I could feel the mate bond was still strong but not as strong as before when she was with me. When we reach the cabin we saw fresh tracks and the scents was a see still fresh, but they lead to the lake.

How was someone to go in a lake in the winter in Alaska?!? And with my mate! She could die! I growled and sea chef everywhere inside the cabin, I found a note in a bedroom.

They were just numbers, then I realized they weren't just numbers but coordinates. I showed everyone and one of the guards went back to the pack with Eliza to get more guards and trackers.

"Annabelle?"

"I'm here"

"Do you know where you are?"

"No, all I know is I'm cold and wet and there's a bag over my head"

"Alright, do you know how long ago you left the cabin?"

"He changed the time and we left thirty minutes early, did you get the note I left?"

"Yeah, is this where you are going next?"

"Yeah, please hurry Ashton, I'm really scared"