Chapter Twenty One

*Ashton's P.O.V.*

"Ashton!" I heard Annabelle yell from the living room. I quickly ran out of my office and relaxed when I saw she was perfectly fine lying on the couch. "Can you make me some tea?" I rolled my eyes and went to make her tea.

I handed her the cup and have her a peck on the cheek. "Thank you. I love you. And so does the little peanut" she said taking the tea in one hand and rubbing her baby bump with the other.

"I love you both too" I turned towards my office door but was suddenly stopped.

"Please stay with me for awhile" she said quickly grabbing my hand. I nodded and took a seat next to her. She leaned her head on my shoulder and resumed the movie she was watching.

As we watched the movie I couldn't help but mostly pay attention to her. She was so adorable with all the little faces she made towards the movie and things she mumbled back towards the tv.

By the time the credits started rolling it was dark out and Annabelle was yawning. "Anna, I've got some work I need to get done, I'll meet you in bed ok?"

"Alright, I love you"

"I love you too" I gave her a kiss and walked to my office. I sat at my desk and began to finish up my paper work.

"Alpha?"

"Yes Lucas?"

"Could I talk to you and Luna Annabelle?"

"Of course Lucas. We're your friends don't say Alpha and Luna right now"

"Alright, could you meet me at the hospital?" I got up and found Annabelle at my door about to knock.

"Doctor Harper and Doctor Ray both mindlinked me. I think Lucas needs us"

"He just mindlinked me and asked for us" we both grabbed coats and walked as quickly as we could to the hospital and when we walked in we saw Doctor Harper. She led us to the room where Lucas was and I immediately went to hug him.

He was sitting in a chair curled up in a ball staring at his mate who lied unconscious in a bed. "I don't know what to do. I can feel her slipping away from me. Ashton, Annabelle, what do I do?" He started to cry and Annabelle pulled him into a hug after I let him go.

"Breathe Lucas. Ok, just breathe right now" she whispered to him and was able to calm him a little bit.

"The doctors say that there's nothing they can do" he whispered as if he spoke too loud then his mate would break. "My Sarah" he grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Come on baby, stay alive for me. I know you don't know we're mates, but you've got to know that you need to say alive. Please baby for me"

"Lucas-"

"She was doing so well, the doctors believed that she was going to wake soon, that there was no way she'd lose her life. I left for just a moment and I came back and, and I don't know. Oh god please let me keep her, I'll do anything" he cried out. Annabelle hugged him again and he keep crying, he couldn't seem to stop. 

*two hours later*

We stayed with Lucas for a couple hours and then finally went home. We finally convinced him to sleep. "Ash?" Annabelle whispered as we both lied in bed. "You weren't like that when I was in a coma were you? I don't think I could handle seeing or even thinking that you were like that because of me, I really hope that you were still training, eating, and sleeping" she was looking up at me and I just kissed her forehead. 

"Annabelle, I'm an Alpha. I was the same as Lucas is now. Except you getting hurt was all my fault, so I beat myself up a lot. Same as when you went missing. I couldn't help it, it was so difficult to settle down in bed without you, your scent lingering on your pillow and slowly over time it started to fade and I wasn't allowed to sleep in your room" I explained to her and held her a little closer to me.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

It was then silent, and I believed that Annabelle had fallen asleep so I closed my eyes but then Annabelle's voice woke me from my small daze. "Please promise me that if anything were to happen to me, you won't lose yourself like that again. I don't want to hear some excuse that you can't promise that. Please try, live on, take care of our child"

"What are you saying? Is everything ok?"

"Please promise me" she quietly demanded me

"I promise" she gave me a kiss and then closed her eyes and I thought it was best to just let it be for now. I won't let it go though, I need to know what she was talking about.

Sorry for the short chapter but I just really wanted to get this up and didn't want to give away too much yet. I hope you all are having a great day, or evening.

Also I have an instagram account where I post quotes and drawings. It's leaves_arefalling. I'd really appreciate if you went and followed me.

Stay amazing and beautiful like you already are!

~Golden_wolf24