The Great Dime Chase

Louie was in the TV room, on the couch, watching Ottoman Empire, a show of twin brothers building custom Ottoman footrests for a variety of clients. As the intro finishes, Scrooge is walking in, seeing Louie being, well, Louie: lazy. After a series of exchanges that reveal Louie has zero idea how things work, such as not even trying to reach for the remote to change channels, wasting Pep by only drinking the first sip, and deciding he needs a new phone because the battery ran out and it is three months old, Scrooge decides to take him to the Bin so he can learn the value of a hard day's work.

All the while, Dewey sneaks into Webby's bedroom, finds her 'Secret Files' notebook, and starts flipping through it. Then, out of no where, Webby appears in front of Dewey upside down.

"Whatcha doin'?"

"Gah!" Dewey gasps and falls back. "I'm not breaking in, you're breaking in." As he drops the notebook, Webby catching it.

"Busted. You think I put glitter on my top-secret notebooks just because it's pretty?" Webby asks, to which Dewey nods, caught, literally, red-handed, as his hands are covered in red glitter. "Well, sure, it's a perk, but..."

"Webby's notebook, is a sacred, TEXT!" Rebecca yells from the attic, a tad over-the-top.

"What are you even doing up there sis?" Dewey asks.

"Oh, standing by to give backup." She says confidently.

Dewey sighs. "I'm sorry. I was just looking for information about my family."

"You shoulda asked. What do you want? Shoe sizes, horrible dark secrets known only to your Uncle Scrooge that could change the fate of the world as we know it?"

"What do you know about my mom?"

Webby and Rebecca gasp, to which Rebecca locks down everything as Webby closes the drapes over the window. "What do you know about your mom?

"Uncle Donald just told us she was gone. The only thing we have of her is this photo." Dewey says as he shows the picture.

"Wait, you have a picture of mom?!" Rebecca shouts in shock as she rushes over. All the while, Webby gasps.

"Yeah, right he- hey!" Dewey is startled as Rebecca snatches the photo of Della dunking Donald's face into a cake on their birthday.

The purple quadruplet looks at the picture tearfully. "I never knew what she actually looked like. All I know is that uncle Scrooge said I look-"

"Just like her. Guess you really are our sister huh?" Dewey says with a smile.

Rebecca smiles as she hands Webby the photo. "Here, put it in your Della Duck file."

Webby puts it in a file labeled 'Della Duck', at which Dewey gasps. "You have a whole file on our mom?" He takes the file and opens it, only to find it is empty save for the photo just put in. "Seriously? This is it?"

Webby looks away and at her conspiracy board. "I've been looking into her for years, but there's nothing. No photos, no records. No one even talks about her." She explains

"Sorry Dewey, but mom is sorta a taboo topic around here. I lost track how many times I asked Uncle Scrooge about her and he just, froze. Silent. It was like he'd seen a ghost. No matter what he went unresponsive until I left the room and met him later. No yelling or anything. Just, frozen." Rebecca says, finding it strange.

"And one time, a piece of junk mail with her name on it showed up at our door, a day later, Scrooge bought the post office, and we never saw our mailman again."

"Maybe he retired?" Dewey suggest, slightly afraid.

"Bad things generally happen to people who ask about Della Duck."