The Last Crash of the Sunchaser!

It had been a week and a half since Scrooge and the kids had been to Castle McDuck and the kids finally discovered what the Spear of Selene looked like, and while some other minor events had occurred, they were mostly focused on finishing the mystery of Della Duck and the Spear of Selene, which they hope to complete during the trip to this new adventure. Unfortunately, unforeseen events would cause more trouble than it was seemingly worth.

......

After the Sunchaser had crashed into the mountain and gotten stuck due to Scrooge trying to fly the plane without prior knowledge of how to avoid obstacles, the last piece of the picture of the Spear of Selene had gotten blown out of the secret crate and flown across the plane, causing problems as the kids kept trying to get it. Eventually, with the plane unstable, Scrooge desperate to prove he can protect his family, and Dewey at wits ends, with Dewey and Scrooge trying to get the piece, gets blown onto the starboard propeller. This takes things from an 8 out of 10, to a 100.

"DEWEY!" Everyone else shouts as Dewey proceeds to climb out of the plane, ignoring his well-being in exchange for solving the mystery.

"NO!" Scrooge shouts in panic as he runs to the window as well. "LAD!"

As the plane rocks, the rock upon it is stuck starts to crumble.

"LAD GIVE ME YOUR HAND!" Scrooge begs as Dewey ignores the pleas as he makes his way out on the wing, to which Scrooge also walks out of the plane cautiously. "No, not again."

Then, Rebecca flings herself out and onto the wing.

"LASS! Get back in the plane this instant!" Scrooge demands.

"I am not letting my little brother die!" Rebecca shouts as she eases her way to Dewey to try and save him, staying midway between Dewey and Scrooge.

"Lass! Stop! Ae willnae lose yew too!" Scrooge says, panicking worse.

"Dewey, this is crazy! The mystery is not worth it!" Webby says over the talkie.

"I..I get it but you can't give up the rest of us to find the one person we lost!" Louie pleads next.

"Dewey, the Darkwing Duck video is still running! Do you want me to pause it until you get back?" Launchpad says next.

"Gimme that! Dewey, our family is amazing! We're enough, let it go!" Huey pleads, right before Dewey throws his talkie off the plane.

"Dewey! Please! This is going too far! Don't make us lose you too! Not after all we've been through together!" Rebecca pleads, to no avail just as Dewey causes the plane to lurch, the trillionaire grabbing onto her as the two tumble towards the propeller, and almost off the wing.

Scrooge looks over the edge and sighs in relief as Dewey gets the piece. "Please, ae... ae cannae keep yew safe alright? How can ae get yew to listen to me?" Scrooge begs, Rebecca held close.

"Tell me about the Spear of Selene." Dewey says.

At this, Scrooge realizes and tears up, nodding as the three head back to the safety of the plane.

Back in the plane, everyone is gathered around a crate, Scrooge opposite them. Scrooge sighs as he has flashbacks of adventures he, Della, and Donald went on. "It was just before yew were hatched. Yer mother, yer Uncle Donald, and a had been going on AMAZING adventures for years. And things were grand!" We then see the three marking a map. "Except... we've been just about everywhere. Ever the aviator, yer mother devised a plan to explore the greatest uncharted territory of all... outer space!" He finishes the picture, revealing the Spar of Selene was a rocket, with Scrooge posing in front of it.

At this, the kids gasp, shocked.

We see another flashback of Della designing blueprints for the Spear of Selene rocket as well a map of the stars. "Della had already been all over the Earth, she wanted to give yew kids the stars." We then see Della and Donald fighting over the subject while Scrooge looks at the blueprints. "Donald thought it was too risky, especially with yew four on the way. So, Ae did the only logical thing: Ae built the rocket and didn't tell Donald! Or anyone." We see the construction of the rocket, and Scrooge posing for the photo as he explains. "It was meant as a surprise for Della to celebrate yer birth," we then see Della sneaking onto the rocket in the picture background, "but yer mother was always good at sniffing out surprises." We see Scrooge finding the note right as the rocket takes off. "She found the rocket and decided to go on a little test run in orbit. Neither of us could have predicted that, cosmic storm. But we both knew a little bit of pan-galactic precipitation wouldn't stop her, after all she was Della Duck! Curse me kilts was that girl stubborn. Ae tried to talk her through it, ae thought if anyone could make it, it was her. Until that very last bolt." We see the events right until the rocket is hit, and the comms screen reads 'Contact Lost'. "Ae couldn't keep her safe, the rocket and yer mother were lost to the inky abyss of space. Yer Uncle Donald and ae never spoke again," He says, before looking at the children with a slight smile, "until yew three showed up on my doorstep."