Extra Bits 1

The Beagle Birthday Massacre!

It was sunset at the beach, as the kids prepared for a trip in a small wooden boat the boys have used for a while. Now, they were joined by Webby and Rebecca.

Huey was currently listing off supplies. "Compass, CB radio, sunscreen."

"Hot dog costumes." Webby says as she puts life jackets with hot dogs attached to them in the canoe.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You know, in case we get lost at sea, and one of us, probably Louie, goes mad with hunger, we'll put these on. Louie hates hot dogs so he probably won't eat us."

"Are you saying that Louie would rather eat us than hot dogs?"

"I do hate hot dogs." Louie confesses with a smug grin.

Rebecca gives Louie a look of 'if you even TRY to eat us, I will kill you, I have my sword with me this time'.

Huey blinks. "I think we'll be good."

"So what do you need Rebecca and me to do?" Webby asks.

"I think that's everything. Louie's got the canteens. Dewey's got the paddles."

"Nautical leap. YAR. Nailed it." Dewey says as he screws around.

"Relax, we've taken this old kayak out dozens of times." Huey assures

"Even though it is more of a canoe." Rebecca corrects.

"Anywho, we got this." Huey assures.

"Maybe I can be in charge of the map?" Webby asks.

"Oh Huey always handles the map, thanks to ol' Captain Lost, here." Dewey states.

"Hey! That's 'Captain Lost, sir' to you." Louie corrects.

"Captain Lost. Captain Lost." Dewey and Huey chant, after which everyone, bar Rebecca, laugh.

"I don't know why we're laughing." Webby says.

"Yeah I don't get it." Rebecca says, deadpan.

"Oh this whole crazy story where we all went kayaking, and Louie..." Huey explains

"...Got lost?" Webby and Rebecca ask.

"Yeah, sort of had to be there I guess." Louie shrugs.

"But now you will be. Onward to adventure!" Dewey exclaims.

Everyone then gets into the boat at once. That was a mistake.

"Pardon me." Webby apologizes.

"Why aren't we 'to adventuring?'" Dewey asks.

"Louie get your tail out of my face!" Rebecca demands.

Webby then falls out of the overcrowded boat, which is just able to hold the four siblings.

"I guess we never had to stick five people on this thing." Louie acknowledges.

"I'm surprised four can fit in here, what with Louie here." Rebecca says.

"Excuse me I am not fat!" He scoffs.

"Never said you were. I was referring to your ego so big it has its own gravitational field." She remarks.

"Anyways... here Webby, you can take my spot." Huey offers.

"No, no, it's okay." Webby waves off

"Are you sure?" Dewey asks.

"Yeah, you four need to spend time as siblings. I'll just go when you guys get back."