"we're just acquaintances."

Chapter one.

A fine day in the kingdom, the sun high in the sky. The birds chirping and everything is going fine! Well, for Madeleine cookie at least. "Madeleine cookie?" A fine and intelligent (kind of.) young man. A well trained knight, who battles everyday with pride just to protect every cookie in the kingdom. (Well he tries too).

But during the meantime..

Espresso cookie doesn't stop working. He rarely gets sleep. Infact, he's even lost count of how many days he even slept! All with the power of espresso. (Cannibalism?). He's been working on his new project, trying to make espresso keep you awake for days, weeks, even months!! And you won't lose energy from anything you do. Infact, it'll boost your average energy you have everyday by two times! And if you're an energetic person.. well, let's just say you won't get tired for a good while now.

Espresso works day and night, sure he may get tired but his lastest invention, espresso that'll re set your energy and tiredness so you won't be able to get tired and grumpy!!! (Gosh that's a lot of energy.) But still, espresso can be a grumpy person, even without the lastest invention.

"Espresso cookie, describe the bitter man." Espresso cookie, also a young fine man. Very intelligent. VERY intelligent. Same height as Madeleine. He is also a trained man. But not a knight. As a kid he had trouble control his power, so he usually just wore gloves. Now with A LOT of practice. He's finally capable of his power now.

Here's a thing, espresso and madeleine actually know each other! They met during a battle, didn't think much of it and shook it off their shoulder, later on during the same day, they met again. "What a coincidence!" Madeleine exclaimed. "How charming." Espresso exhaled with a blunt tone. During the time being, espresso hoped he'd never have to see this 'boring unskilled cookie' ever again, but to his surprised which actually did shock him, they were always or usually sent together to do commission's!

Madeleine always tried to make espresso actually like him (as in a friend, or maybe more..) but he always just gave him a spine chilling stare, "tch.", This would always be espresso's reaction. Madeleine always would feel a little down from that, but he never gave up.

Recently, they were both assigned a big commission. This would be sure to last a good while.. let's say about.. 3 weeks or so? Something along the lines of that.

Madeleine hopped on a sugar horse, thinking he was a majestic prince.. if you get the view, you'll know what i mean. Turns out, there was only one sugar horse available, which was the one Madeleine was on.. "Why I see there's no more horses, well not like you can walk all the way can you?" "Yes I can." Espresso shot back in a pissed tone. "Alright, no need to get mad, why don't we start our commission? Do you have everything you need for this trip?" "Why I most certainly do. Now let's go, stop wasting time, the others are waiting."
"Who are the others?"
the others: hollyberry, sorbet shark and squid ink. (Yes, this is my team.)

The others had horse's, all except espresso. He was very certain he could walk all the way without a break. Surely nothing would stop him!

About 3 hours later, the others and ahead of Madeleine and espresso.
"So espresso.. are you not having any cramps in your leg..? It's quite- cool you can walk this long without a break." "Why, thank you Madeleine, this walk is nothing really. It's all perfect." (Madeleine's mind) "am I really starting a conversation with espresso?!"
"Ah.. how nice."
"Madeleine, I've alw- WOAH" *bash*
"Espresso cookie!" Madeleine yelped as he scurried off the horse, "are you okay?!" "I'm.. perfectly fine." It seems as espresso didn't realize he wasn't being cold and rude to Madeleine.

A good 6 seconds later..

Espresso realized what he has done.
He pushes Madeleine away while being helped to go to the horse. "I appreciate your kind moves but i can walk by myself." "Espresso you seem like you ca-" "I said I. Can. Do. It. Myself."
"If you insist."

As Madeleine gets back on his horse, Espresso tries to walk but his leg seemed injured. Madeleine got off his horse and went towards Espresso. Madeleine lifts him up like its absolutely nothing! "I'm sorry you deaf cookie, I SAID I C-" "Why Espresso! It seems as you can't walk. Why don't you hop onto the horse for a while, hm?" It seems like there was no use with arguing, "whatever." Espresso mutters. They both hop onto the sugar horse and try to catch up with the others. After a good 6 minutes they finally caught up, the others have decided to rest for the night and continue with the mission in the morning. "Why, I see you're both friends now!" Hollyberry exclaimed, "why yes w-" "ah ah ah, zip it. We're just acquaintances. Nothing more, and never will be more."

Madeleine felt a sudden touch of sorrow, but he is certain he will never give up. He was surely at least going to make him a friend, they can both trust each other!

"For now.." he mutters. "For now Espresso." he repeats in his head

       ---------------------You finished chapter 1, congrats!---------------------